RS150 Input Swtching Noise

Hi when changing input I get a loud buzzing noise for a few seconds before the player switches to the chosen source (e.g… radio to line input)…is this normal? My RS150 is connected to a Kinki Studio EX-M7 power amp via balanced cables.

Hello,

Do you hear the noise when you change music source from Radio to Rosetube?
Or When you set the source to line input?

Would you check the message please?

Only get noise when going from RS150 internal player to any other input, line input, TOSLink or USB. I have to turn off my amplifier each time before switching to avoid hearing the noise and possibly damaging my speakers.Switching Noise

Hello,

Can you check the message?

Hi, have you been able to address this? I’ve read somewhere online that after changing a capacitor and a resistor the issue would be overcome. I’d be running the unit straight into a power amp. Slightly worried about uncontrolled pops.

Hi @joh,

are you talking about changes on the connected amp or the Rose device? Do you have a link to your source?

In my case I hear a crack each time my amps go on (in my active speakers Buchardt A500) but not when switching from source. My cracks are probably related to the configuration of the amps, not to the RS150.

My start up sequence is first the RS150 and then automatically the amps of my speakers should become active when they receive a (music) voltage that is high enough. Maybe it would be better first to activate manually the amps and then the RS150? I’ll try it out to see if it is any better.

Of course if I can add a capacitor and resistor between the XLR out and my amps input then this could be an interesting work around.

And I just noticed a crack when switching off the RS150 while the music was playing (internet radio), so this makes me think that there is also some room for correction at the side of the RS150.

Regards,
Dominiek