RS150 Streamer-Only Device..?

Hi all, joined this forum because I’m very intrigued by the RS150 after seeing reviews of it, from both an SQ and usability perspective: however, I have a really good DAC and pre-amp that I’m not in any rush to change; it seems that, if Rose could separate out just the streamer section of this, it would give potential buyers many more (affordable) options…

I don’t know if Rose reads these forums, but I thought I’d put it out there…

Yes, Rose developers are active here.
The RS150B can be used as a stand alone streamer with a higher quality DAC, as is. No need for a separate component.

Hello Ignatz,

Welcome to HIFIROSE forum.

All network streamers of HIFIROSE has DAC together.
If you use USB/OPTICAL/COAXIAL/HDMI… outputs and connect to your DAC, you will be able to use your own DAC and deactivate DAC in HIFIROSE.
Unfortunately, streamer without DAC is not planned in near future.

Once again, thank you for your interest about HIFIROSE.

Thanks for the replies: however, my point is that I don’t want to pay for components that I already have: a streamer-only solution at around €1500-1750 would be ideal for me, since I find the interface to be rather compelling…

I understand, but no streamer without DAC for now ::

If you still hope to use ROSE streamer, using RS201 or RS250 with digital output will be close option for you though…
I’m sorry for not being any help.

1 Like

I recently purchased a high end Dac and want to continue to use my RS 150B as a streamer only. How do I turn off the dac and upsampling in the Hi Fi Rose so those duties can be handled by my outboard Dac?

Hello,

Connect RS150B and your external DAC with digital connection(USB, COAX, OPT, I2S, AES/EBU, HDMI).
And then, go to ‘In/Out Settings’ in RS150B. Activate the output that you want to use.

Hallo,
It is not as simple as it is presented here.
When I connect my external DAC, ANK-DAC Dac 4.1, to Rose 150B via DIG-COAX-OUT (Dac 4.1 is connected to my preamplifier), I can’t hear any music! You can’t hear anything in this constellation!
Regards
Reza

Rose 150B with COAX OUT to DAC - DAC to your PreAmp.
And you need to activate the OUPUT in the IN/OUT Settings of you RS150B - and your DAC does only 24/96, I’m not sure what it does if highger rates are played.
If your ANK has the optional USB Board - maybe a better idea to attach it with USB to the Rose.
good luck.

And remember that your DAC is something like a DIY Kit. So maybe its not an issue with the RS150

Hello,
thanks for the answer.
I don’t know where you got this info regarding “The ANK-AUDIO DAC 4.1 PROFESSIONAL EDITION is like KIY”!
I bought the DAC 4.1 as a finished device and it converts like other DACs with these particular specifications (Audio Note) completely flawlessly.
There were no problems before the current update.
I think that as an experienced user you know that you can adjust the Max Sampler Rate and Resampler Rate on the 150B!
Above all, the users of such DACs do not use the ranges such as 24/96, but listen with the specifications of a normal CD!
as I already wrote in my previous posts, the suggested way: 150B >DIG-Coax-Out>DAC 4.1 >preamp > active speakers, is not usable, because 150B does not see and support the DAC 4.1 as an external DAC.
And if I wanted to use the USB connection as the preferred connection between the 150B and DAC 4.1, the DAC 4.1 would not have become my main DAC!

Regards
Reza