[RS150] What is the difference between HDMI ARC and HDMI?

Q)
What is the difference between HDMI ARC and HDMI?

A)
HDMI ARC’s ‘ARC’ stands for ‘Audio Return Channel’. Connect RS150’s HDMI ARC to TV’s HDMI ARC when you hope to listen the sound of TV through RS150. In this case, TV is the source. It does not receive any information about the video. It can only get information about sound.

If you want to view the video on the RS150 through a TV or monitor, use the HDMI port. It can be local video files in USB, SSD or ROSETUBE, whatever.
(Touch TV icon on the top right of the ROSE device display)
In this case, In this case, the video information is sent from the RS150 to the TV, and the sound is output through your amplifier and speaker.

Can I just connect HDMI Out to my Receiver?

This way the Receiver can switch between different inputs easily and can play the video to and sound from Hifi Rose to TV and speakers respectively.

Just to confirm, does HDMI Out on 150/250 contain video stream or just audio?

@HiFiRoseFan

You can connect the cable to the HDMI OUT port of the RS150 and the HDMI IN port of the receiver and use it.

RS150b, RS250 HDMI carries both video and audio.

Thank you

Hi
I tried to connect my Satellite Box to the HDMI Arc in of the RS150B (My TV is connected to the HDMI out of the ROSE but can’t get any signal on the output.
The Satellite Receiver is set to 3840x2160 and the Rose HDMI output is set to 3840x2160 a well
Is that behaviour normal or hoe can I get the Satellite box to play through the ROSE and have the video from Satellite but the Audio processed through the ROSE RS150B ?
Maybe I should mention that the Rose is connected via XLR to my Mcintosh MA9000 amplifier

Hello,

1. As RS150B’s HDMI OUT is connected to TV, your TV should be able to display things on TV.
  • Check the external input of TV.
  • HDMI cable should not be longer than 3 meters.
  • Check if HDMI cable and TV both supports 3840*2160.
  • Go to RS150B > Settings > Display > HDMI Resolution.
    Try lowering the steps one by one. As you decrease by one step, check if anything like blue screen appears on TV.
  1. I’m not sure what Satellite Box is, but it seems like it can play radio for example.
  • If Satellite Box can output digital signal via HDMI cable, HDMI ARC port in RS150B is the correct port.
    However, HDMI ARC IN should be activated here - RS150B > In/Out Settings > ARC IN
    Also, you cannot activate HDMI ARC IN and HDMI output at the same time.
  1. Do not have to activate HDMI OUT to see album cover on TV display
  • Rose’s HDMI OUT outputs video signal to TV automatically, so you don’t have to activate HDMI OUT in IN/OUT Settings for TV. When HDMI OUT is activated, it means you hope to output both video and sound siginal to external device. If AV receiver is connected, HDMI OUT may be useful. However, if TV is connected, I guess not many people wants to hear sound via TV speaker.

Therefore, I guess you hope to hear sound via your amplifier, you don’t need to activate HDMI OUT in RS150B. Just activate HDMI ARC IN and RCA/XLR output.

Satellite box is a set top box to capture TV signal by Dish.
It’s a dreambox DM920 UHD
I want to see the video output from the Drambox on my TV screen but have the Audio processed by The RS150b
When I connect the Set-Top box directly via HDMi to my TV I have a picture , but when I connect the Set-Top Box to the ARC in Idon’t get the video picture on my TV

Hello,

HDMI ARC port of RS150B is Audio ONLY. No video.

1. Both audio and video to TV from set top box, and audio to RS150B again from TV. If this is possible, you should connect to RS150B’s HDMI ARC port or OPTICAL IN port.
    I’m not sure if your devices can work this way.

2. Is the set top box capable of outputting video and audio signals separately at the same time?
    Seems like the set top box has OPTICAL OUTPUT. So, HDMI to TV for video and OPTICAL to RS150B for audio. You will have to change IN/OUT Settings of RS150B to OPT IN.

Best Regards,