RS150B - Album artwork for some albums do not show even after repeated db rescan

After adding new music files to the SSD, I always rescan the database.
However, most of the time there will be some albums whose cover artwork do not show up on the Album page. When I go into the album, the artwork shows against each track alright.
I repeated the recan DB function a few times and still cannot see the missing album artwork.
This problem persists even after I format the SSD and start all over again.
I am already on the latest version of the firmware (4.2)

Thank you for your attention.

Is the cover artwork embedded into the tags or is it a supported image file inside the responding directory.

both types of showing existing ways to show up cover art are supported by the Rose devices.

you also should check the dimensions of the artwork images itself… maybe the resolution is too high.

I use 600 x 600 pixels as embedded coverarts in my flac and mp3 files - no issues…

Thanks rikibu for your advice.

The cover artworks are all embedded into the tags.
Over the years, I have standardised the artworks (in all my music files) to be 1500 pixels on the longer edge of the image and ensured that the image size is always under 500kb. I have another streamer that makes good use of such image quality and display beautiful picture of the artworks even full screen on my 12.9 inch ipad.
I also suspected at the beginning that the image resolution (and size) could cause the problem. However, the result is inconsistent, the same album artwork can appear on the album page after a while. Besides, all the ones that are properly displayed are of similar resolution and size. I am guessing that it could be a deficiency in the Rose Connect Premium app.

You don’t really need to tag the cover inside. Besides, that doesn’t always work because not all file types are containers (like mp3/4 and flac etc).

Just place a cover.jpg in the same folder and if always works. There are other names that always work, Iike front.jpg, %album%.jpg but I have no listing, I haven’t tested them and they are software specific. ‘cover.jpg’ always works.

I have made coverart professionally and on my question ‘what size do you want them’ (that was a hard one :-)) I received the answer; 1500x1500. That’s a nice standard for most tv’s and screens that are not too heavy (in jpg).
Don’t downsize, it will not help and only give more blurry results. Nor does larger make it any sharper (unless you have original high res artwork and a super high res screen).

I like using original lp album covers for old recordings. :wink: Better than ‘reworked’ cover with labels of companies who just bought the rights.

Use dbPoweramp to sort the tags and covers and you will be fine! I used to have the Naim Core - all images were 2-3 Mb, after dbPoweramp only 300-400 kb. The tags worked so far on every device I had starting from an Olive 4HD up to my RS 250 now………