RS150B and ACCUPHASE background noise problem (hum)

Greetings
I am writing to you because I have repeatedly tried to write to you regarding this question but unfortunately I am not receiving exhaustive answers on this problem.

I have a system made up of a ROSE RS150B combined with a NEW ACCUPHASE E280 amplifier via XLR connection with shielding of the cable connected on one side only.

Unfortunately I have a problem relating to a “humming” noise which I note comes from Rose since if I disconnect the signal cables arriving at the amplifier the noise disappears even by making an unbalanced connection or even if I use a digital signal from USB (therefore entering the Dac of the amplifier excluding the analogue outputs from the Rose).

The noise is FIXED and if I increase the volume of the amplifier or the Rose the noise DOES NOT increase but always remains at the same level.

To be sure that the problem is coming from the Rose, I tried connecting another electronic source (a Marantz SACD player) to my amplifier via an unbalanced connection and the hum does NOT exist (so the noise is coming from the ROSE).

As further proof I tried in the shop to connect another ROSE RS150B (new) to an amplifier identical to mine and in this case too the noise IS PRESENT! (So ​​it is useless to send the Rose for repairs since it is a problem also present on identical devices).

As can be understood, the noise is generated by the Rose and enters the amplifier precisely from the output signal of the Rose RS150B.

How could I completely eliminate this ANNOYING background noise (Humming)???

It seems really strange to me that I am the only one who has had this problem since other machines identical to mine have it.

I really hope you can help me.

no problem with my Rs150b connected first to an Accuphase E470 then recently to an E5000 in Xlr. it’s total silence… before the music comes!!!
if it does it with another Rs150b I would lean towards a problem with the Accuphase
a friend recently bought an E280 and had a buzzing sound on a certain source, the problem was with the amp.
gil

I thank you for your experience. So you sent the amp to Accuphase for service and they fixed the problem? Thank you

I think you haven’t understood the meaning of my sentence: clearly no noise on my 2 Accuphase XLRs!!

I meant if your friend sent his accuphase E280 for repair or how he then solved it. Thank you

he had it taken back and bought an E5000
gil

Well done. going from an E280 to an E5000 is a huge leap in quality… and price.

Hi—-please let me know how this works out for you….I am considering buying an Accuphase amp, preamp and sacd(which my rs130 will connect to via coaxial cable). Best Regards.

Did you adjust at the power cables the phase conductors of all devices?
My RS 150B and E5000 are working through Atlas Arran XLR cables perfectly-

yes of course, I also checked this… the buzz disappears by disconnecting the XLR cables from the amplifier. if I connect other electronics to the same amplifier input there is no hum.

Ground loop?
Plug the Rose into a different power socket, preferably on a different circuit

done…but the problem remains

Check if the buzzing is around 50-60Hz, if so then you’re fighting the ground loop.

Do you have an HF/RF filtering power strip?
Here’s how I solved mine.
I’ve plugged everything except the Rose onto the power strip and kept the Rose on a separate circuit behind a second filter.

There are alternative solutions like the iFi GND filter.

thanks for your advice. unfortunately I have done a lot of tests on the power supply and the problem does not derive from this or from the connection point (I have also done tests by disconnecting the Ground wire but the hum remains)

Then it’s broken and you need to claim your warranty.

I want to know any hum happen while the rose power off or the power plug disconnect from the AC socket ?

D’apres un retour le soucis viendrait de l’Accuphase E280.
Gil

Agree with your judgment,

Agree with your judgment.

Try without grounding, disconnect on the cable