RS150B bug report

1. Each loading of the clock displays “Reload Weather” notification which appears to be an error badge/notification. This occurs from the console, rose app and remote.

2. Videos played from any source (internal SSD drive, any NAS location) cannot play sound from MKV encoded videos without VLC enabled.

3. Videos played from any source (internal SSD Drive, any NAS location), whether played from internal video player or VLC player, will stop playback of movie when clock is enabled and TV toggle is enabled. You cannot have the clock display and have a movie plane to an external HDMI connected television at the same time.

Hello,

1. This is the intended part. ROSE refreshes the weather every time you turn on the clock.

2. Even with the same extension, there are cases where it differs depending on the codec. VLC player is installed to support more diverse videos. Is there any reason not to use VLC Player? If you can send me the file, I can check if it’s an issue of codec or not though.

3. Multi-tasking for video is not available, as playing video takes a lot of resources.

Thank you.

Thank you, I do indeed prefer VLC but wanted to report video support with the native player.

Can you share a list of all the supported codecs and files that Rose/VLC player supports?

I noticed for example I couldn’t play AVC encoded .mic’s, yet could play HEVC encoded files.

I complete list would be useful.

Thank you

I would kindly request that there be an update that warns “This operation not allowed” or something similar when the user attempts to engage the clock when watching a movie.

Hello,

You can see detailed specification and codec here.

About codec in VLC player, most of the ones in that link are supported.
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

1 Like

I still think a warning or prevention from trying to use the clock while watching a movie is a good idea. Otherwise customers are going to have to start their movie and just learn not to touch the clock when a movie is playing. I hope this makes sense.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like