RS150B XLR balance

I have connected the RS150B to my integrated amp using XLR to XLR cable. The issue I am facing is that the left channel is louder than right channel. I switched the xlr cables (left and right cable) and that seems to fix the problem. Why does switching the left cable with right cable fix this issue?

Try checking the cable for properly soldered wire to pin connections

Hi.
I am a happy owner of a Rose RS150b since yesterday.
But there are some problems to be solved.
My Rose is connect to the Yamaha A-S2100 with the Audioquest Mackenzie XLR cable. There is a problem with the connection because, as above, the right channel is louder than the left one. Everything is fine with RCA sockets. I changed the left cable to the right one and nothing has changed. But as I pushed the plug tighter in the socket, move it up and down, the right channel started playing at the same level as the left channel.
This is not a software problem. This is a problem with the XLR sockets mounted on the Rose RS150b. These sockets require to use of XLR cables with special clips that hold plug firmly in the socket. Rose has strange XLR sockets mounted, which do not accept wide plugs. In addition, the XLR sockets in the Rose are slightly set back in relation to the entire chassis. Perhaps this causes the above problems because the plugs do not fully fit into the socket.
Yamaha CD-S2100 has great XLR sockets and I never had problems with any XLR cables. There was a click when I connected XLR cable to the Yamaha.
I changed the cable to Cardas Parsec XLR, which has plugs with a special clip. All of the above problems have resolved and both channels are playing at the same level.
Regards

Seems to me it’s an audiquest problem, not Rose’s. For me both Cardas and Kimber (XLR) work great

see photo audioquest

1 Like

Today I returned Audioquest to reseller get Cardas Parsec XLR. Everything now is OK.