Rs201 Questions about video playback

I am an rs201 user from China. When my player plays large capacity MKV files, it will get stuck or even shut down automatically. I don’t know why!Mkv files with more than 7 G have this problem. Is it because the hardware does not support large capacity video files ?Is there a solution to the problem?

Hello @wm8138575

Change to Rose device–>video–>Setup–>Use VLC Player “On” and try playing the video.

Thank you

I always use VLC. It will jam and crash. Is there any other way?

Have you tried to activate caching???

How to activate?Can you teach me? My foreign friends. thank you.

Just write cacheing in the search field, then topics turns up.
Best regards

I looked it up. My problem is 4K video playback. Video stored on my mobile hard disk. It is not a network jam problem. It simply plays the jam problem and even crashes. Are you a 201 user? You can also try yours.

I have 150b, So can´t help you sorry.

thank you very much. I think this is a hardware problem. Maybe the optimization software will be solved. But that’s not what you and I can do. Our national network does not support all the software on this machine. I can only download the resources to the hard disk for use. You should not be involved in such issues. But thank you all the same.

I saw other friends have similar problems. Although the video playback function is an additional function, I still hope you can do it well. Please optimize the video playback software and put it on the agenda. I like your products very much. Thank you.

Hello @wm8138575

Does the app crash even with a small 4K video?
Can I get a file that crashes the video app when playing a video?

Please send problematic videos to my email: eunseong96@citech.kr

Thank you

Video less than 3G will not crash. I’ll try to send you a video.

Hello @wm8138575

If the capacity is too large, it may be difficult to send. May I know the format type or extension (mkv / avi) of the videos?

Thank you

yes,MKV, The video size is 11g.

@wm8138575

I have send you a message, please check