RS250 Playback Pausing Issue

Hi All,
Just wondered if anyone else has ever encountered the following issue.
When playing back Qobuz via the HiFi Rose app playback will pause and take a few minutes to restart at least once an hour (sometimes it won’t even start again).
When playing back via Roon I never get this issue and all is good.
Spotify Connect also works flawlessly.
I am connected via WiFi with a download speed of around 300Mbps.
Any suggestions as to the cause of this issue appreciated.
Thank you.
Nick

I have the same Problem!

How long have you had the issue and have you ever found the cause?

I’ve bought the Rose RS250A for a few days. It was updated to the new version 4.15. This is unfortunately only one of more mistakes - also in the Qobuz-App, so that it’s clear the Software is not ready for the marked out of Korea. Hopefully it will come an update for European market in the next weeks, otherwise I will send it back.

@Frank_K

The problem can be resolved by updating both the RoseConnect app and Rose device to the latest version, then logging out of your Qobuz account and logging in again.
If the symptom is still not resolved, please check the version information of your RoseConnect app and Rose device and let me know.

Thank you Rosehan - I will try this and let you know if it resolves the issue

Issue still persists - I have updated both app and device and logged out and back in to my Qobuz account - any else I can try please?

@Drummer154

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1. How is your Wifi strength displayed? When you connect to Wi-Fi on your Rose device, please check whether the Wi-Fi strength is displayed in white.
  2. Please factory reset your Rose device and reconnect to Wi-Fi to see if the same symptom appears.
    Rose device–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

I have the same issue noticed yesterday. Affects playback from Apple Music, Tidal and RoseTube. All was playing fine and then the playback track paused. Adding a new track to the current playlist took a couple of minutes. I restarted the unit and then just browsing to Apple Music home took a couple of minutes. Other devices on the same Internet connection were working fine. I have shutdown the Rose for the moment and will try it again this evening.

Factory reset complete and Wi-Fi signal strength all ok - issue still persists. Anything else I can try?
Thank you.

@JoeWhiteFinger @Drummer154

I have an additional question.

1. Does your Rose device experience buffering when playing music stored on a USB external hard drive or SSD?
  2. If you activate your mobile’s hotspot instead of the currently connected Wi-Fi and then connect to the hotspot Wi-Fi coming from your mobile, will the same symptom appear?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have my RS250a connected by Ethernet. I don’t have any directly connected storage devices - 1 NAS on the same LAN switch but I don’t have any music media on it.

However, I have just started up after it has been shutdown for 2 days and problem seemed to be resolved - 2 tracks from Tidal streamed perfectly. Then the next track in the playlist from RoseTube failed to load with just spinning wheel. Trying to skip to next track in playlist (Apple Music) also just spinning wheel. It’s like the whole system gets locked up trying to do/access “something”.

1. I have no issues playing back from the internal SSD.

2. I have tried connecting by tethering to my phone and so far have experienced NO issues.(see photo).

I should say that I have tried a different router and the problem was still there.

Thank you for your help.

@Drummer154

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have asked you for all available instructions. If this does not solve the problem, the Wi-Fi module in your RS250 may be defective. Please contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS250 and request a repair.

Sorry, but this is not possible. Like JoeWhiteFinger explains, He was connected by ethernet and don’t use WiFi. So it could not be a problem of the WiFi Modul!

@Frank_K

If you look at the post above, I sent a message to Drummer154.
JoeWhiteFinger appears to be a different problem.

May be my english is to bad, but I think, we all have the problem, that the music stops while playing a song and starts some seconds up to some minutes later again. This problem seems to be with qobuz, tidal and apple music, and with Wifi or cable. All suggestions from your side don’t helped. So what can you do internal to solve this problem?

Hi Drummer154, ich nehme mal an, du sprichst deutsch… Konntest du das Problem mittlerweile lösen? Hat dir die neue Software 4.17 bei dem Problem etwas gebracht. Bei mir scheint es nun stabiler zu laufen.

Rejoiced too soon, problem is still there!

Yes it is still happening