RS250A issues with power on & DAC

Hello,
I enjoy my RS250A since I bought the unit last July. However, since the last major software update I encounter issues with the Rose Connect app and the device. I’m either unable to turn on the RS250A using the app, if I press the Turn on Rose button or pressing the button will turn on the device but the app still says it‘s in standby mode. This happened rarely after the SW update but is now the case every time I try to turn on my RS250A. The only way to work around this is to press and hold the power button on the device until it reboots. It is sometimes necessary to do so several times. I may be wrong but to my memory this never happened before the last SW update.

There‘s also a message window popping up every once and a while, saying the DAC was not connected yet. In most occasions I have to reboot the system.

Any suggestions what‘s wrong? Do I have to return the device under the warranty cover?

Many thanks, Thomas

@ToMo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1. Are you using an external DAC other than RS250a’s own DAC, but is this message appearing?
  2. If you are using the RS250a’s own DAC and this message appears, it seems that your RS250a is constantly having a problem with the DAC not being connected.
    In that case, you need to replace the audio board of RS250a.
    Contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS250a and request repairs.
    eng.hifirose.com/Distributors