RS520 autoset to eARC input

I have had the RS520 for about a week. It is connected to a Samsung QN65 TV and a pair of KEF LS50s.

The one feature I either can’t figure our or it is missing is to have the RS520 autoset to the eARC input. If I am listening to music from the SSD I installed or any of the streaming services and put the unit into standby it no longer turns on when the TV is turned on. The only workaround I have found is to remember to set the input to eARC before I turn the unit off. This cause an issue with others at home since all they want to do is watch TV by just turning the TV on. They have no desire to figure out the RS520 and change the input to eARC.

Is there a way to automatically do this?
If not is it possible to put this in as a feature for a future software/firmware release?

2 Likes

@bdj964

If you see the picture above RS520 supports eARC, allowing power interlock when connected to a TV via eARC. Volume is interlocked by default, and if you turn on the corresponding setting, power will also be interlocked.

Thank you

Thanks for the follow up. I have set that correctly and it only works if the input is set to the eARC input when I turn the TV and RS520 (standby) off. It does not work in the following scenario.

1. TV and RS520 are both off (standby)
  2. Turn on the RS520 and listen to anything Tidal, Qobuz, Radio, SSD. The TV remains off. If I check the input on the RS520 it is set to the RS520, just like the picture you sent. The eARC input is not selected.
  3. Turn off the RS520(standby). TV and RS are now both off (standby)
  4. Turn on the TV. Only the TV turns on. The RS520 stays off(standby).
    I want the RS520 to also power on and be set to eARC input automatically after following the steps above.

The following process does work.

1. With the TV and RS520 both turned on set the RS520 input to eARC
  2. Turn of the TV. Both TV and RS520 turn off (standby)
  3. Turn on the TV. Both the TV and RS520 turn on.

@ROSEHAN Is there a way to make the quoted process work for the RS520.

1 Like

@bdj964

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As of the current RS520 specification, the eARC power interlock function only works in TV input mode. Currently, to fix this, various errors or rather inconvenient situations may occur, so careful review is required.

Thank you

Hello!

What is the current progress on that?

It is really annoying for other users at home.

Turn on/off should always turn on/off the Rose. Period.
This is how it works in other companies devices.

With above we can stay with single TV remote which is very convenient.
What is the current ETA to make it fixed?

Thanks anyway for this awesome unit,
Jakub

@jwierzbo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please answer a few questions.

1. When you set e-ARC power interlock to On and turn the TV on or off, does RS520 not turn ON or OFF?
  2. If you tell us in detail the symptoms you are experiencing, we will check whether there is a possibility that the function can be modified.

@ROSEHAN
The problem is that Power On/Off works ONLY when input is set to e-Arc in Rose.

How it should work:]

• TV remote Power OFF: Rose should go to standby mode no matter which input is set (currently it work only when active input is eARC)
  • TV remote Power ON: Rose should be powered ON and set the active input to the eArc (currently it work only when active input is eARC)
  • TV remote volume control: it should control the volume on the Rose no matter which input is set (currently it work only when active input is eARC)

This is how it work in other companies devices.

@jwierzbo

Sorry, but currently we only support the power interlock function for eARC input.

@ROSEHAN Is it possible to change this current behaviour to keep listening for the signal from eARC input all the time (probably extra entry in Settings could force that)?

@jwierzbo

No, currently the feature you are talking about is not supported by RS520.

But can it be implemented? Is it possible to add to to your roadmap?

This feature should be aligned with the market approach, so works all the time not only when eARC input is active…

I still has 7 days for return, but I really would like to keep it. The sound is outstanding. I was testing it against Hegel 390 and Rose RS520 was way better, more sharp. But the problem is with software. It needs to be polished.

So could I get the information if my request is possible to implement.

At least eArc control should work for Streaming and eARC inputs…

@jwierzbo

I have forwarded your requirement to the software team and they say it is difficult to add at this time.
I was told by them that the problem was a hardware issue and that it may apply to devices released in the future.

That’s the worst answer we could get as a RS520 owners…