RSA780 & Apple MacBook

Hi,
I’m thinking of getting the 780 to use with my MacBook Air (with Bowers & Wilkins MM1 laptop speakers) instead of the Apple Superdrive to play (not rip) CD’s.
If anyone uses the 780 with a Mac I’d be interested in the following:

1. When you insert a CD, will it show up in Apple Music to play and eject?
  2. Does the Isolation mode only work when it’s connected to a Rose device?
  3. How quiet is it when playing a CD? I can’t stand hearing a disc spinning.
  4. Does it require much power to run? Does it drain the battery of the Mac noticeably?

Thank you to anyone who can answer these questions.
James.

We are here to answer your questions.

1. Yes. The picture below is the Apple Music CD playback screen, and the button on the right is the Eject button.

2. RSA780 mode change regardless of device. The isolation mode is Read only, and the Normal mode is Read/Write.

3. There is a disc spinning sound when reading a CD, but when a song is playing, it is not so annoying.

4. Power of RSA780 is 5V, 1.5A

Thank you

Thank you for the reply, very helpful.

Obviously it’s a lot more expensive than the Apple Superdrive but I think I’ll get it as it looks cooler, it’s heavy and quieter and my CD collection deserves a premium player like this!

I was wondering if anyone would be prepared to do a very short video showing a CD going into the 780, playing some music at a normal listening level and then muting the music so I can hear how quiet the 780 is when playing a CD, and then ejecting the CD.

I appreciate most people will be using the 780 to rip CD’s whereas I want to add it to my laptop/speakers setup to play CD’s and I’m sensitive to electrical noises.

Thanks.