S21 android phone connection to Rose premium

I posted this originally 3 hours ago in the incorrect category so sorry for the redundancy.

I have a fairly current Android phone- S21 I am trying to connect the HIFI Rose premium to my newly acquired Rose 150B. I have connected my tablet with no issues but also want to connect my phone for ease of use. I find the use of the tablet a bit cumbersome at times. When I open up the Rose connect premium app I get a Welcome to Roseware screen and a NEXT at the bottom of the screen. The next screen says connecting to WIFI. Well for one thing my 150B is connected by ethernet so I am not sure why it says connecting to Wifi. To make a long story short the app never gives me the option to select the 150B under DEVICES FOUND in the REGISTERING ROSE screen. It indicates a Rose connect IP address but no device to select. . Says Complete on the bottom but cannot proceed any further. I was up and running in minutes with my Galaxy Tablet. Why wont the rose app on my S21 phone install the same way as my Galaxy Tablet? Please advise.

Just to let you know i have tried the advice i have seen throughout this section but still no connection. I have tried manually entering the IP address in which the 150B is using and QR scan but to no avail.

Hello @Buck

To connect your RS150B and Android S21 with the RoseConnect Premium app, they must be connected to the same IP network. Even if RS150B is connected by LAN cable, it must be connected to Wi-Fi of the same IP in your mobile phone.

Connect to your RS150B via LAN from your router.

RS150B—>Settings—>Ethernet—> IP address shown in IP Address and Wi-Fi IP connected to your Android phone Up to two points must be same.

Example) Correct
Ethernet IP Address: 192.168.4.44
Android IP Address: 192.168.4.33

Example) Wrong
Ethernet IP Address: 192.178.4.44
Android IP Address: 192.168.4.33

Thank you

yes the RS150B is connected via LAN. As stated I have connected my Android tablet with no issues and also my PC which I did not mention. The issue is the Android phone will not connect. It keeps on saying NO DEVICE FOUND. The Rose Premium on my Android S21 phone keeps on saying connecting to WIFI. I am not sure why it says that when I am connected Via Ethernet LAN.

@Buck

Even if RS150 is connected by LAN cable, to connect to the mobile phone with the RoseConnect premium app, the mobile phone must be connected to Wi-Fi of the same IP.

Hello ROSEHAN,

I just found out what was happening. For some reason my phone was on a different WIFI name. I Have one for a 5ghz connection because I have devices that require it. As soon as i switched WIFI …I see the HI FI Rose on Devices found…Thanks for your help…All seems to be good