SACD ISO files cannot be played with DSD over PCM

I haven’t played SACD ISO files with my RS250 for a long time, but it definitely worked before. But last night there wasn’t any sound when I played them with “DSD over PCM” selected, file format displayed was “unknown 16bit 44khz”. I then selected “Native DSD” , it shouldn’t work because my DAC does not support native DSD. However RS250 played the SACD ISO files this time but with “DSD to PCM” method. Did I set anything wrong or this is a new bug after software updates? Thanks! @ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Hello @tomwoo

Have you ever set SoftWare Volume Control to ON on your RS250?
If so, it changes DSD to PCM when playing DSD files.

Does your DAC have DSD to PCM capability?

Thank you

Hi @ROSEHAN
SoftWare Volume Control was off and I never changed that.
I could play DSF files without any issue, file format showed DSD over PCM normally.
It was just ISO files won’t play DoP, and now I can’t even open them anymore.

Just for my personal curiosity.
You tried to play a ISO Image? (sacd.iso) and this was working?
Or you are talking about extracted DSD (*.dsf) files stored on a hard drive or nas?

Yes, ROSE streamers can play ISO image files as well as extracted DSF files.

1 Like

I do not think HIFI Rose can read ISO SACD files.

1 Like

For DSD I knew that, because all my SACD are ripped on the NAS.
But I kept some ISO Images - will give it a try. Most applications cannot handle ISO Images.

It can play SACD ISO files.

1 Like

My RS250 still doesn’t support DoP when playing SACD ISO files after the latest update. It can play DSD to PCM though. My DAC supports DoP but not native DSD. @ROSEHAN

Hello @tomwoo

Currently, the same symptom is reproduced and will be corrected in the next update.

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks a lot! @ROSEHAN