Simultaneous speakers and Line out

I am using simultaneous speaker output (fronts) and Line out (rear speakers) for four speaker stereo on an RS520. This works but at a very low output voltage by default resulting in a too low volume for the rear speakers. HiFi Rose has a setting for the pre-out voltage inexplicably in the speaker settings area as well as the pre-out adjustment. If I set the pre-out voltage to any setting - even the lowest, the speaker outputs (front speakers) of the RS520 shut down. What the pre-out voltage is for in default mode remains unlisted (a mystery but it’s pretty low- way less than one volt). This is a problem because the required input voltage for most amplifiers exceeds 1 volt. Here is what Chat GPT has to say:

“In the context of power amplifiers requiring more than one volt to reach their maximum rated output, a “significant percentage” could be considered to be around 70% to 80% of power amplifiers on the market. This means that the majority of power amplifiers may require input voltages higher than one volt to operate at their full capacity.”

So, this is a plea to Rose to provide the option to have both the line output and speakers outputting simultaneously with output voltage adjustments at at least 2 volts. I liken this to the option in most amplifiers to have headphones on alone or with the speakers on as well.

StandardModel

@ROSEHAN

I have the 520 pre-outs set to 600mv and will connect to a 180. Speaker outputs will drive another set of speaker with volume control via the 520…

Would be nice to bump up the fixed output to 2V and keep the speaker output active.

MFB,

You’re right. I was wrong. You can use 600mv and the speakers out simultaneously on an RS 520.

EDIT… I can set both the Line out at 600mv and highlight the stereo rca outputs to be highlighted (on) BUT as soon as I start to play anything, the Stereo outputs are cut off and the Line out is the only thing that plays. I don’t see how you are able to make both play simultaneously.

StandardModel

@StandardModel

Confirming that I can not output fixed/speaker simultaneously. You’re right on the assessment.

Both outputs are active in variable mode (meaning 520 volume control is used for both). Not ideal if I want to connect my 180 to the pre-outs…

MFB,

To clarify, if I go to:
In/OutSettings → OUTPUT Settings->
turn Output Level Settings to OFF and
turn Software Volume Control to ON
then both Line and Speaker outputs will be active.
Correct?

StandardModel

Just set Pre-out to off. No need to turn on software volume control. Both outputs will be active.

That is what I have currently setup.

mfb,

Thank you for going to such trouble to take pitures of each step and yes, it works.
I must say that is about the most counterintuitive arrangement I have ever seen.
Set Pre-out to off when you want it on?
Well, I guess I should have read the manual…

Thanks for your very detailed assistance.

StandardModel