Software problem relating to listening via headphone on the RS 250

Hi There,

In my opinion there are the following problems when listening to the RS 250 via headphones:

1. There is a very high volume for a second when connecting the headphones whilst playing music. Thereafter the volume returns to the set level.

2. There is no sound from the speakers when you disconnect the headphones from the unit whilst playing music! I have to switch off and back on the unit to eventually get sound from the speakers. This is most definitely a bad situation as every HiFi system I ever used to own down to micro systems managed to do that! Are I am the only person with this problem???

Bruno

I have a RS250A and do not have these problems, for me the headphone (dis)connecting works as it should. When connecting and disconnecting a headphone I can hear one or more relays switching. Could be there is a hardware fault in your device. Maybe one of the relays is faulty?

The unit is only about two weeks old but of course anything is possible. I will investigate. Thanks :+1:t2:

Ok, I had another look. My analogue output is set to fixed. What happens is, that when I disconnect the headphones the music stops and I have to press start again (the same happens when I connect the headphones). The music starts again but at a much lower level! On the amp normal listening level is a setting of 40. After disconnect of headphones I have to set it to about 78 to get the same level.
To overcome the problem I have to go to the input / output settings and press apply on the pre-out level setting after which the sound level is the same again!
Any suggestions please? Come to think about it it could be a relay……

I tried your setting; analog line out fixed at 500mV, and indeed the music has to be started again after (dis)connecting the headphone. In my situation the headphone volume and the volume of my amplifier stays at the same level that I set before the (dis)connecting. So no change in volume.

I normally have the setting set to 2200 mv as my amplifier has 240W *2 and needs a bit more power to get it singing. I think that might be why you hear a difference. Of course, I could be wrong and it could be a hardware problem.

Hello @Bruab ,

We could reproduce the issue you’ve mentioned.
The issue should be fixed.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thank you. When will it be sorted please? Also, this is number 1 issue - will continue with other issues soon :+1:t2:

Hi @ROSELOA - I am still waiting for the above problem to be fixed!!! It seems that Rose promises to fix problems, but nothing gets done!!! Can I remind you that this box is not a very cheap item :facepunch:t2:

Yes, exactly the same problem with my device. Then we hope that the problem will be solved soon.

Hello,

It will be fixed in next update. I guess the update will be about late March or early April, but the detailed schedule is not yet.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the info :+1:t2: