Software Volume issue

Hi guys, happy new owner of the 150B here. I currently have the 150B hooked up in two ways. Coax to my Sony ES7000 AVR and balanced analog out. I run the front L/R speakers from a Buckeye Hypex NC500X amp (700W x 2) which is connected to an XLR switcher so I can use the 150B as a direct preamp into the amp for more audiophile presentation or as a streamer into the AVR for the tech dummies in the house who don’t care about the sound difference. All I do is switch software volume on or off depending on which and turning the dial on my XLR switcher. Here is the issue when running the 150B as a preamp.

When listening to Qobuz, for example, everything works fine. When I switch to RoseTube, the 150B seems to be running fixed full volume output. Nearly blew my speakers. Does RoseTube support software volume? Also, the app controls the software volume perfectly, but the remote is very laggy and the volume jumps to crazy levels if not careful. Is this unusual to have lag with the remote?

One last unrelated question: regardless of the HDMI cable, my Sony ES7000 only seems to be able to accept 96k from the Rose. I tried all settings in HDMI and also checked the Sony. My Amazon Fire cube sends 192k successfully fwiw, the receiver totally handles 192k. My workaround was using a digital coax connection. I get 192k and still pass the art and video on the HDMI so seems ok. Just wondering why I have this issue.

Appreciate the help!

@Jazbrokr

1. There are differences in the gain of the sound source depending on the environment in which the source was recorded.
    So, the devices have the same volume, but if you run Rosetube or another service while listening to Qobuz music, there will be a volume difference.
    RS150–>Settings–>Audio settings–>Volume settings for each source
    In the above function, you can set the volume size for each service we support.
    -0dB is the gain of the source itself, and if the device uses a function to adjust the level by amplifying, clipping, etc. will occur.
    So, this is a function that allows you to equalize by reducing it by up to -10dB.
    When the input signal is amplified, it is displayed as 0dB → 3dB → 6dB, and when attenuated, it is displayed as -0dB → -3dB → -6dB.
    There are values ​​between 0, 3, and 6, but it is easier to understand when explained in multiples, so audio devices often display them like this.
    Excluding the input impedance, amplification to 2W from an amplifier that outputs 1W is a 3dB multiple amplification. (1W → amplified to 2W)
    6dB is 4W.
    Conversely, if the input signal 1vrms is called 0dB (the strength of the signal without amplification or attenuation), the same amplifier will decrease by 0.5W for -3dB and 0.25W for -6dB, indicating the values ​​of attenuation and amplification.
    (The numbers 0, 3, and 6 operate as multiples and are used for easy understanding.)
    The newly added level setting function for each source does not amplify, but attenuates, allowing you to set an appropriate level at the same volume.
    This is the function that does it.

2. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    There seems to be a software problem with the new, early silver remote control.
    This is the part that cannot be modified remotely.
    Contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the Rose device and request a remote control.

1 Like

Hi, I did some testing and there is definitely an issue with RoseTube. First, I updated and reset the unit. I turned the gain down a lot on the balanced output, and reduced RoseTubes volume to the max -10, as a safeguard. I opened Qobuz and the software volume worked flawlessly. RoseTube is full output, no software volume at all, but mutes when volume is 0. One tap and blasting loud. Back to Qobuz and volume control is perfect. Any suggestions?