Song shuffle issue

Newly developed issue…When shuffling songs via my Synology NAS, the current song will cut-off approximately 20 seconds from the end and shuffle to the next song.
Never had this issue before. Is there a setting that may have changed with one of the last updates?

I appreciate your assistance.

Dan

1 Like

Shuffle songs is a very big issue with ROSE and I think they are not willing to address this issue. Maybe their programmers are not competent enough as we have asked months on end. My 12 year old Olive 4HD had no problems with this simple task.

I’ve owned the RS150B for a year and a half. I’ve never had an issue with shuffle until recently. It’s always played the entire song before switching to the next…something has changed during one of the last updates.

@AZWink

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I have a few questions regarding this issue.

1. Does the song stop with about 20 seconds left and move on to the next song?
    Or does the sound stop with about 20 seconds left and move on to the next song after 20 seconds?

2. If you have a USB external hard drive at home, please let me know if the same symptoms appear when you play the USB external hard drive after connecting it to RS250a.

Thank you

Hello, thank you for the reply.

1. Yes, the song stops playing with around 20 seconds left in the song and shuffles to the next song. If I play an album straight through this does not occur. Only when shuffling.

2. When playing only from usb attached drive shuffle does not have this issue. When playing through NAS only the issue does not occur. The issue occurs when playing from NAS and usb drive together, accessing through “Music” shuffling through both libraries.

Please let me know if there is another item to test out to help with troubleshooting this.

Thank you, Dan

@AZWink

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We tried the same method all day yesterday and didn’t get the same symptoms as you.

Please answer the questions below.

When you said shuffle play, did you do shuffle play when playing? Or did you play all and activate the shuffle on the playback screen?

I use the iPad app 90% of the time. I always first clear the queue, select a genre or classification, select music and select shuffle. However, we had a power outage yesterday which cause a shutdown. I turned power on, the Rose optimized and ran cache. I have been listening all morning and now cannot duplicate the issue. I don’t know if there is any correlation with the re-optimization, but it’s shuffling normally again.

Dan

@AZWink

Glad to hear the shuffle function is working again.
If something like this happens again, please let me know.

Thank you

1 Like