Spotify not detecting RS150B in standby mode

Hi All,

My RS150B is working perfectly so far (just got it today) but I was wondering, when I put the device into standby mode, I can’t see it in spotify. I have a Naim Uniti Nova and it shows up as a device even while it is in standby mode. The same holds true for using Roon to wake up the device. Is there any reason why I can’t see it in standby mode on Spotify?

Thanks!

Congrats on the new purchase. Welcome to the club. I’m not a company representative but I think this is normal due to being on standby is basically turning off the unit. Good news is you can turn on and off the Hifi rose from anywhere as long as you’re on the same wifi signal using the app.

Thanks for the welcome!

The only reason I asked the question is because its detected in roon and can fire it up from standby, it isn’t a major challenge but spotify is the major streaming app for the family which just makes it an additional barrier to use the system versus everything else we have setup in the house.

@ROSEHAN can someone answer on that?

Why Spotify is not available in the StandBy mode?

Please add option to make it available…

@jwierzbo

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

When you use your Rose device in standby mode, all currently playing songs or videos will stop. If you want to listen to music with the screen off, you can use your Rose device with the LCD off.

@ROSEHAN

It is different case than one you described (which is fine by the way).

I’m talking about a situation when the Rose is in StandBy mode and I want to play music on it with AirPlay or Spotify.
In that case Spotify not see my Rose. Same with Airplay. I need to switch the Rose on first, then I can stream my music from Spotify/AirPlay.

In my other audio devices I can stream the music to e.g. Sonos without switching it on.

This looks like a easy fix: do not kill the Spotify and Airplay processes in the StandBy mode. Let them be active waiting for the connection. My Rose RS520 is taking 9W in the standby mode which is pretty high, so running one or two more processes will not change it significantly.

Can you fix that? Right now is so annoying that we need to switch the Rose on before we can stream the music…

@jwierzbo

I have now forwarded your request to the software team. They will check if additions are possible and then let me know. I will respond to you as soon as I receive the reply.

@ROSEHAN in addition to above - how it works e.g. in Sonos od Denon:

1. Open Spotify and choose your Device
  2. Device is turning on and start playing music
1 Like

This is exactly what I would love to see as well! Thank you @jwierzbo for restarting this thread.