SSD Functionality

Hi Rose,

I specced my RS250 with a £180, 4TB SSD which appears to be a useless option.

I can’t download onto it from streaming services.

I have a CD transport, so no need to rip CDs.

I can’t transfer music from a Windows PC because I use Mint Linux as opposed to Windows.

I can’t transfer music from a USB drive to it.

The SSD functionality seems very poor at the moment, is this something you’re working to improve?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Like

Ask for advice on this website:

https://www.systranbox.com/?s=android+app

I specced my RS250 with a £180, 4TB SSD which appears to be a useless option.

You can connect your 4TB SSD with USB-B of RS250
For SSD drives you need a StarTech.com USB 3.0 to 2,5 inch SATA III.
and copy your music collection to this disc with your Lunix Mint.

Thanks, just so I’m clear, I need to take the drive out of the 250, attach a USB cable to it and plug it into my Linux laptop, then transfer the music to it and put it back into the 250?

Is this correct?

Thanks, just so I’m clear, I need to take the drive out of the 250, attach a USB cable to it and plug it into my Linux laptop, then transfer the music to it.

yes, this is the fastest option.

and put it back into the 250?

I didn’t put it in the rs250 but connected it externally to the USB-B on the back of the RS250 via a StarTech.com USB 3.0 to 2.5in SATA III externally and this
works.

With a USB-B hub Anker, even more drives can be connected, so I decided not to put it in the RS 250.

See also

Paul,

Can you run android apps on Linux Mint?

If this is possible then you can try to
Rose Connect Premium from Google Play

Android emulators exist for Linux.

1. make sure, your internal ssd is formatted with the Rose device - see settings

2. if you use Linux, you have to enable SMB1 again… sudo nano smb.conf and a few hints of your search engine of your choice should help if you don‘t know how it works
    then the rose device should be accessable

I put an ssd in too. It is useful. I also bought a €20 usb optical drive.

A cd drive always makes noise. Plus that it causes jitter. It’s better to rip your cd’s. It is easy and once you did that you can stay seated on your comfy chair or couch. It’s more convenient and sounds better.

You can approach the rose disk from any computer or phone using a file manager through the network. I can load it from my android phone using x-plore app. Once you formatted the ssd and set up the smb functionality.

If you have lot of flacs on your pc it is indeed the fastest option to let the rose format the ssd, then take it out and insert it into your pc. Copy all media files you like and then put it back in the Rose. Then it will build the new database. Later you can add incrementally through your network. Slower but convenient.

Once you have this all figured out you’ll be glad you did. Startup issues will soon be forgotten.