SSD install on RS-250

Hello, I just installed a new SSD and want to learn how to burn music from my CD collection to the drive.

It is not straight forward other than the option to format the drive. This is where I left off. I would appreciate it is there are other users that know how this works.

@rayray57

1. If your SSD or CD ripper is properly connected to the RS250, click the CD Ripping app on your Rose device.
  2. Please set the path to save the CD songs.
  3. When everything is perfectly set up and connected, rip the CD

Thank you

Ok so when I click on the folder icon for path it says /storage/rosedisk. How do I know if this is going to SSD or to the internal storage on the RS-250?

@rayray57

Our Rose products do not have internal storage.
When you enter Path, only one will appear, and it is shown as SSD.
If you’re not sure, it might be more accurate to click and see what folders are inside.

Thank you

How do you plan to get your CDs onto the 250?

Are you going to “rip” them using an external USB drive (such as Rose’s 780E or an inexpensive USB drive from LD, ASUS, etc), or are you going to try using a traditional CD or BlueRay player (such as an Oppo 203), etc?

Hello, I am using the HiFi Rose RSA 780E drive and ripping from there. I have tried to connect a external HD to copy music from there but it does not seem to be user friendly to allow copying to the drive I installed on the RS-250.

Any suggestions?

Thank you Rob

I have a question. Based on response that there is no internal storage, why is there an option to set path. Shouldn’t there be only one option? Right to the Hard Drive? correct. This is not straight forward.

Also, I am having issues connecting the remote to the RS-250 now. I have scanned it several times and it sees the remote but I get a message saying can’t connect. Have you had this issue?

Last December, I spent my year end holidays ripping hundreds of music CD’s using an inexpensive USB CD drive connected to my laptop. Then I copied those files onto a USB hard drive, which was then connected to an Oppo 203 connected to my stereo and played the songs (the Oppo was great for that). After buying a 150, I installed a 4 TB solid state drive (“SSD”) in it. The 150 then showed the SSD as an available drive. I then plugged the USB drive with all my music files into one of the 150’s USB ports, assuming I could save then copy my music files from the USB drive on to the 150’s SSD. However, for some unknown reason that Rose will not explain, we cannot do that.

So I was forced to figure out how to transfer the music files from my laptop to the 150’s SSD required using a home network, which did not exist at that time. So hen I spent another month learning how to set up a home network, pulling cables & configuring the network. A giant pain.

If you have not already ripped your CDs, I recommend you try ripping them to the SSD installed in your 250 using your 780E. Hopefully, that will be much easier than what I had to go through. Good luck.

Hello I am unable To Connect remote anymore. Please advise.

Robert

@rayray57

Follow the video about BT remote control pairing.
If the connection does not work, try replacing the remote control batteries.

Thank you

Hello, I tried to pair using video which is same as manual supplied. I also put two sets of fresh batteries and it still will not communicate with RS-250.

It shows paired but does not work.

Robert

@rayray57

If you see ROSE RCU on Paired device, you need to press it once more in that state.
Then ROSE RCU changes color to orange.

Press and hold the ROSE RCU in the paired device to delete it from the list, then try connecting again.
If this doesn’t work, try pairing after RS250–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset

If you have try the method above and still doesn’t work, you may need to replace the remote control with a new one.
Contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS250 and ask for a remote control.