SSD not recognized by my iMac

Hi. I purchased in December 2023 a ROSE RS250 and a CD player ROSE RSA780. I attached a SAMSUNG 870 QVO 4TB 2.5’’ SATA3 SSD unit to the RS250. So I was able to ripe ca. 1500 CDs from my collection onto the SSD. I also have an iMAC desk computer. Through the iMac and home network (rose-69) I have access to the music stored on the SSD can manage the structure of the SSD, rename CDs or titles and can play music via iPad or iPhone App. Everything has been working fine up to the moment where I updated the ROSE system to version 5.6 (Early Access). Now my iMac still recognises the rose-69 in the network but I cannot access the SSD (named ROSEDSIK) but instead shows a folder call ‘share’ which is empty. How can I recover the access to my ROSEDISK again? Thanks

@Miguel

Even if you update your Rose device to the EA version, you can still connect it wirelessly to your PC.
Turn your Rose device SMB/FTP OFF and then ON again and try connecting.

For Window: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps4ZFSoWYI
For Mac: www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7xz-ShEpnM

Thank you

Dear Rosehan,

thank you for your help and advice. I was able to setup the server connection between the RS250 and my Mac correctly again. I have now access to the HDD from my computer. Still, I have two more issues that I would like to ask:

1. Using the Rose EA App on my iPhone and/or Ipad I have a problem accessing all the information on the HDD. To explain, one of my file folders has 822 Cds stored in it - but when I use the Rose EA App it would show me only the first 500 files but not the rest. This is not happening when I use the Rose Hifi App where I can access all 822 files.

2. When I want to listen to one of the CDs stored in the HDD I can use the "play all "or “play shuffle” options. However in any of the options it would only play the first song and repeat it again and again in a continuous loop…

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Miguel

@Miguel

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please answer a few questions.

1. Did you completely scan the database when using the RoseConnect EA app?
  2. RoseHiFi (RoseConnect premium) app can be used if your Rose device version is 4.19 official.
    What is your Rose device version indicated?
    Rose device–>Settings–>System info–>System version info
  3. If only one song is played repeatedly even though the shuffle function is disabled, it seems that only one song exists in your queue.
    Please check the video below.

What are the Repeat and Shuffle functions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15gChSwolw

Dear @Rosehan,

Thanks so much. Please find my answers to your questions:

1. YES

2. The system version on my RS250 is the latest, i.e. 5.6. (Early Access) and RS OS 5.06.01. In both devices iPhone and iPad the RoseHiFi(RoseConnect premium) App shows version 4.19.04. In both devices I also have the Rose EA App with version 5.06.01.

3. I think I had the shuffle function enabled :cry:. This is now rectified and it seems this is working okay now.

However, when using the iPhone/iPad devices as remote control the Rose EA App I still encounter one issue. I have a SSD disk installed with the RS250 where I riped all my Cds, roughly 1500 CDs. In the SSD I have CDs organized by genre in different folders. One of these folders contains 822 wiped CD, each one with its own folder.

When I use the iPhone/iPad RoseHiFi(RoseConnect premium) App I can view and access all folders and files in the SSD without any problem.

One of these folders is quite extensive as it has 822 Cds (folders) stored in it. When I use the Rose EA App it would show me (and give access to) only the first 500 CDs in the alphabetical listing of the files but not the remaining 322 folders(Cds).

Thanks for any advice

@Miguel

Please check if the same symptom occurs even if you try the method below.

RoseConnect EA app–>Settings–>Media Library–>Click DB initialization in the upper right corner, and when initialization is complete, click the storage device to scan the DB.

Dear Han,

thanks your tour advice. I tried the method you suggested but the problem with EA App persists. It would only recognize the first 500 CDs of the total of 822 that I have on that specific folder.

The Rose HFi App is not having that problem and recognizes all 822 CDs.

Thanks and Regards
Miguel

@Miguel

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have forwarded your symptoms to the software team.
We will let you know as soon as we hear back from them.