Static IP address / Rose 201E

Hello - I no longer seem to be able to make the IP address of my 201E static, or fixed. I go to ethernet settings, and try to switch from DHCP to Static, but receive a message ‘please enter valid IP address’, viz;
Untitled

However, I’m using the IP address of the 201 streamer, and haven’t changed the IP address in any way. Is this a bug that can be corrected? It’s much more convenient to have a fixed IP address!

@DJH

Looking at the photo you sent, it looks like it should work normally when you press “confirm”.
Let’s check a little further to see under what circumstances this message appears.

Lastly, could you please send me the DHCP screen?
Also, please provide the part where NetMask DNS1 and DNS2 are visible.

Thanks for looking at this. I have restarted the 201E with a factory reset, but it’s still not able to switch to a static IP,. Here is the DHCP screen;

Untitled

@DJH

If you scroll down in the DHCP and STATIC settings, you will see DNS1 and DNS2 under NetMask. Please pass this on too.

Thanks again - here are the screens requested;

Untitled

Untitled

@DJH

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Looking at the photo you provided, the DNS1 IP address is displayed strangely.
If you change to another DNS IP address, the static IP will be applied.
Try it by entering the DNS IP as 8.8.8.8.

Lastly, please tell us the model name of the router you are using.

Hello - that doesn’t seem to work, unfortunately. When I enter 8.8.8.8. into either the DNS1 or DNS2 lines in the Static screen, I receive a message 'Please enter a valid IP address".
My router is Starlink, by the way.

@DJH Are you entering that last dot (period) which is not required. Should be 8.8.8.8 in the example above. Make sure DNS1 and DNS are different. You can use your Router IP address as one of the DNS addresses, e.g. 192.168.1.1

@Woorlord
That works! Thank you very much indeed.

1 Like