Strange playlist and album behaviour. RS150 never plays the next song

Hi, i have a new strange problem with the RS150. I recently updated it to the latest version.

I have a problem when I play qubos playlists or albums. I start by selecting the first song. If i want to skip to the next i press that button. BUT the RS 150 never hits the next song. It will pick one of my hearted songs from any album or playlist (rarely from the album or playlist is tarted out with).

Its very irritating as I want to stay with the album or playlist i selected.

I have not turned on random play. (and random play shouldnt skip to other playlists /albums? right?)

Would much appreciate some help.

3 Likes

I have also had this a few times when playing songs off a playlist and when pressing the >> forward button to skip one song and - instead of playing another song in the playlist - the Rose played random songs from other albums. This is 100% from the Music Library (internal SSD) not from streaming. Very strange.

Hello @Bedroc and @alessandro ,

Have you experienced such issue before latest update? Or only after update?
Would you touch Queue button and check if songs that you didn’t add are in the queue?
Also, is Suggested Playlist turned on? (You can check in Queue)
(Queue is different from playlist or album)

Hey @ROSELOA - do you mean by ‘Queue button’ the three small dots by the name of a playlist or by the name of a song/track?

On the App, this is what I see just by the name of a playlist:

And this is what I see by the name of each song/track:

I couldn’t find/see where the ‘Suggested Playlist’ option would be and where it could be turned on.

Could you show us where that would be, please?

Since we’re on this topic, perhaps either you or someone else can explain/illuminate, what is the purpose of having a ‘Queue’?

Wouldn’t users prefer a system that just plays what one wants to play at any given time without having to worry about what has been played before that (inevitably) becomes part of the ‘Queue’?

Personally, I see all these options like a further and perhaps unnecessary complication - I just want to play music the way I have been doing all my life, you put a record/CD or whatever else on and you just press ‘Play’…why do I need a ‘Queue’?

Finally, on the 2nd screenshot the language doesn’t sound right. In English, you would say 'add a track or song’ instead of ‘add a music’, which sounds as a poor translation of something else. Even ‘play from this music’ is not right, perhaps better to have ‘play from here’.

Sorry, my explanation was not good enough.

1. Playlist
Playlist in ROSE system means list of songs collected by your own criterion.
For example, there are users who divide playlists according to genre, and there are users who divide playlists according to mood. Some users even create playlists to listen to when reading a book.

2. Queue
Queue in ROSE system means the list of songs that you hope to listen now.
If you organized queue with songs of Adele after songs of Muse, it will play in order of Muse → Adele as time flows. It’s actually a feature everyone know, but my explanation wasn’t good enough…

3. Recommended playlist (suggested playlist)
On the Queue screen, scroll down. If you look after the last song in the queue, you will see a recommended playlist. This list is a playlist that ROSE recommends to you. If this feature is set to ON, after the last song you manually added to the queue is finished, the songs in the recommended playlist are added to your queue one by one and played automatically.
Because of this feature, songs you haven’t added to the queue may be played.

Best Regards,

I have been struggling with the problem for a while until I tried the “Empty the queue and play this music”. I haven’t had the unintended playback since.