Suggestion for modified display of files and directories on RS150B

Dear Rose HiFi,

In general I love my RS150B.
I am in the process of transferring my CD collection to the Rose … currently at about 1200 CDs of very mixed musical types.
I would really like to sort my music into sub-directories and have then selectable and display just that sub-directory contents (this would be in addition to the current ‘modus operandi’).

The way I would see this working would be the owner creates a series of named sub-directories within the root SDD directory … this is done in text form already, but it would be really nice if the directories were displayed as ‘boxes’ like the individual CDs … perhaps the owner could load a JPG into the sub-directory as a visual key for the contents.
Selecting a specific box … e.g ‘classical’ or ‘rock’, or ‘jazz’ would result in the display of the CDs held in sub-sub-directories held under this sub-directory only.
It would be great if this process could be set up to allow multiple layers of sub-directories with the same display options … so for instance ‘Classical’ may have sub-directories 'Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Modern, Post-Modern etc
This would allow CDs in the same category to be displayed together and would greatly simplify the process of finding a disc whne you have many thousands of CDs loaded (my current expectation is to have around 5000 CDs on my SSD.

I’m happy to expand on how this might work and provide more detail and specification if you think it’s a good idea.

br
Gawayne

2 Likes