SW Ver 4.1 (Rose 4.1.08) Software Release

SW Ver 4.1 (Rose 4.1.08) Software Release

• Update date: 2022/04/21 (Thur) PM 07:00 (GMT +9)
  • How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and update the system
  • Updated version: Ver 4.1 (Rose OS 4.1.08)
  • RoseConnectPremium for Android : Ver 4.1.08.2
  • Update for: RS150(B)/RS201/RS250

[ Update Contents ]

1. Rosetube > Added streaming accelerator ON/OFF function.
    • Added function to improve loading and buffering errors when playing Rosetube
    • Added streaming accelerator ON/OFF function in the settings. (Default setting: ON)

2. System stabilization for RS150 / RS150B / RS201A / RS250
    • Fixed ANR occurrence when playing Qobuz and Tidal sound source after playing Roon live radio.
    • Fixed the issue of App crashing occurrence when searching for specific CDs.

[RC Premium - Android]
• Added playlist display function when playing CD
• When RoseConnect is executed, when there is an update from Rose Store, a pop-up is displayed and it leads you to the Rose Store.
• Recent played, Favorite tracks > Added MQA, Hires, Prohibit for minors(19+) Icon.
[ Precautions ]

1. Do not turn off the power of ROSE during Software update.

Except many of us, including those who just received their units, are getting a connection timed out message, and cannot update

Hello @JamesByrnes ,
Would you try again now?

When the update Apple ISO apps will be released? Current version has bug which cannot show the album artworks while search by Music/ folder?

On the other hand, this SW V4.1 still has bugs about HDMI output. The TV must turn ON otherwise cannot play music. When the problems will be solved?

Hi ! Please make a Russian internal menu fo RS 150 !!

1 Like

The DSD128 or DSD256 file (DSF format) annoying short “pop/crackle” noise problem before playing next song still has not been solved in this version (RS201).

1 Like

Hello Georgie, would you explain more in detail about →
The TV must turn ON otherwise cannot play music.

1. What ROSE model are you using?
  2. Are you using a AV receiver? If so, what’s the model name of it?
  3. ROSE > (HDMI) > AV receiver > (HDMI) > TV /// Speaker is directly connected to AV receiver
    Is this how you organized your audio system?
  4. What’s your ROSE ID?
    (ROSE device > Settings > SystemInfo > ROSE ID)

The iOS app will be released soon as well.
However, about the issue you mentioned ‘cannot show the album artworks while search by Music/ folder’.

• You can’t see album cover in MUSIC > FOLDER
  • If you saw album cover, I guess it’s MUSIC > ALBUM.

I have this problem. there is a crackle in the intervals between songs. always.
rs201E current soft

Hello,

Can you check the message I sent you?

Regards,

@ROSELOA Please can you check / bring back showing the big playback screen (with album cover and song name) when starting to play a song. I always have to touch the screen on upper left corner to show this. Actual Version of Rose OS and iOS … Thanks.

Hello,

1. Do you control with ROSE APP in your phone or the ROSE unit?
  2. What did you play when the screen didn’t change to playback screen? TIDAL? ROSETUBE?
  3. From which screen do you want to jump to the playback screen?
  4. The display of RS250 should be changed to playback display when you select and play a song in RoseConnectPremium. One thing, the display of ROSE unit won’t change to playback screen if the song moved on to next song by itself.

Thank you,

@ROSELOA thanks for asking.

1. I do mostly control everything with RoseConnectPremium on iPhone
  2. Playback Display appears when streaming via Spotify but not when playing from the internal SSD
  3. The starting screen when switching the device on

Thank you.

Hi @ROSELOA , problem solved. I played around with the playing options and found out that changing from “empty queue and play from this music” to “empty queue and add music” starts showing the playback screen. Please see german version attached.

Is there a special intention behind, or is is a fault?

Hello,

For the menus to add a track at the end of the queue, it’s normal not to show the playback display.
(When there are tracks in queue already. If you have nothing in queue and add a song at the end of the queue, you should be able to see the playback display)

As I checked, ‘Play from here’ should show the playback display but it doesn’t. I will check this issue with development team.

Thank you for your report.

1 Like

@ROSELOA Issue with the VU still exists after the new update is installed. I was of the understanding you fixed this. This has been an issue for over 5 months now. A known issue. When can we expect a fix.

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in the VU update. The development team is working on it and tried to update on the last time, but it caused another side effect and had to be excluded.
I will try my best to make it to be included in next update.

Best Regards,

Please find the problem which cannot show SSD’s albums artwork under folder from screen cation attached.

Hi Roseloa

Do you have any solution on this problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

This is by far the most bugged filled software update yet. Too many to list. I feel like we “users” have gone from beta testers to alpha testers. Please discontinue using us as your software testing cohort and do more quality controlled internally testing before you release. There is no reason why these problems are increasing as Hifi Rose controls the software 100% including all applications so the end user is not a factor when it comes to software related problems.