Synergy between different Rose models?

I have a 150 to which I have installed a 4 Tb Samsung SSD to which I have connected a Rose external CD drive and an external USB drive which has thousands of music files. I have WiFi, but I am using an ethernet line to connect the 150 to the internet.

I am thinking of buying one of Rose’s other audio streamer/servers for a second system elsewhere in my house. If I do, can it access the music files stored on either the 150’s internal SSD or USB drive connected to the 150? And are there other things two or more Rose devices can share?

Thx

1 Like

Hello,

Are you going to put both ROSE devices in same network?
ex)
IP address for first ROSE device : 192.168.1.XX
IP address for second ROSE device : 192.168.1.OO

If you login the same ROSE APP account on the second ROSE device, you can use the playlists that you made previously on the first ROSE device. (The playlists composed of streaming tracks)

Also, you can play music files in your first ROSE device via network. (Need to activate SMB 1)
Second ROSE device > Music > Folder > Network > First ROSE device > SSD > Tracks

Plus, check this post if this is what you need. It’s about sharing network between ROSE devices a different place.

Thank you. Really wish Rose would consider the suggestion I made to create an on-line manual that consolidates all the information they have posted on using the 150, such as on networking. Feels like I have to go back to school to Networking before I can set it up.

1 Like