The maximum numbers of song cue

I have over 6000 songs in the installed SSD. However, when I select to play all songs randomly, the maximum number of the song cue is 3000. So, about half of any 6000 song can not be included in the cue. To solve the problem, can you increase the maximum number of the song cue from 3000 to a larger number, i.e. 10000 or more. Thank you

Hello,

You can add up to 3000 songs to the queue. We’ll see if it’s possible to add more or not.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, looking forward in the next firmware update.

Up to 3.000 songs in the queue, is EXTREMELY low by ANY standard. I have more than 10.000 tracks in my SD card and I want to be able to play them all in suffle mode. This is a deal breaker for me.

5 months already. I am still waiting for firmware update. Rose, too slow, please expedite. Is it difficult to do?

Hello,

I’m sorry, but there is no update to increase the maximum of playlists in the near future.
thank you.

Disappointed me…

250 sold…,

With all respect, VERY DISAPPOINTED! What’s the meaning of having a SSD, if it can’t index it?

Hello,

Increasing the maximum number of queue right now may affect the stability of the app, etc.
Instead, we will consider a way to shuffle the entire song without putting songs in a queue.

Sorry for disappointing you.

I waited for a few months for your improvement for the issue but you have not responded. Anyway, I sold it already.

Thank you ROSELOA for your kind reply. Being able to suffle ALL songs would be great! I don’t use queues, anyhow. There are mobile DAPs (Digital Audio Players) out there that can handle 20.000 songs, without any problems.

As I put it in another post, I would have felt comfortable to have a dedicated SUB OUT contact to connect active subwoofers, but this is not a deal breaker.

Thank you again (and I don’t feel disapointed).

:slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear RS250 didn’t work out for you. I’m sure the maximum number of songs can be added to queue was very important to you.
I’ve been using RS250 for several days, overall I’m very happy with it. But I’m somewhat immune to software glitches (and perhaps that’s also the reason I haven’t found many except the album cover display problem) because I use RS250 almost exclusively as Roon endpoint.
I have confidence in HiFi ROSE team that they will fix the software issues and keep improving the product!

1 Like

I’m still unaware of how many songs this player is capable of “indexing” and suffle? If there is an issue, is it because the hardware or software? Once again, what’s the point of having a SSD, if the player isn’t capable of indexing it’s content?

This is a very important information, that manufacturers often “forget” to mention.

I’m in the same boat.
I have only 8,000+ songs but I don’t know how can I play them randomly. i
3,000 is too small for the IT standard.

Try 40000 songs! I’ve used to have an Olive 4HD years and years ago and that had no problems with shuffling all songs!!! This was one of the first units in this field!!! I had the same discussions with Naim about the Core - they also couldn’t be asked to get that feature added and said that 500 songs is enough for shuffling. IT IS CLEARLY NOT :rage:

Maybe they thought it would take 8.3 days to mix more than 3,000 songs that take an average of four minutes, and no one would do that?

As far as I know, the order of fetching from DB to queue is in the order of A to Z, not randomly.

In the end, if you have more than 3,000 collections, there is no way to listen to John Lennon’s Women or Rod Stewart’s Young Turks with random play.

In some cases, additional physical resources - such as main RAM - for loading META information of several curves or more into memory may be required.

Or optimizing the software in some case. the limit of songs in the queue may be due to software constraints rather than HW limitations. in this case, optimizing the software to reduce memory usage or improving the efficiency of the shuffle algorithm may help increase the limit.

Most importantly,
I strongly believe that they are still considering a massive Firmware Upgrade with Factory Reset to extensively modify DB schema.

Because this is a basic attribute that they will never turn away from or give up…

Ryan