The MOST CONCERNED FEATURES and BUGS Reports

With all my heart, I am quite happy with ROSE’s hardware. I own the RS150B and RA180. They are excellent.

But software-wise, I see we ROSE users are constantly reporting bugs, raising concerns, and requesting new and enhanced features via this forum. Some are unique but many are common to us all.

I believe ROSE is trying hard to help.

But sadly I still see many issues reported are not (yet) dealt with or the results are not satisfied.

I don’t expect ROSE to fix all existing issues and improves the performance of its software (not just the RoseConnect app) over night, since there are quite many of them I am afraid.

So let us all together compile a list of our MOST CONCERNED FEATURES and BUGS for ROSE to focus onto implementing and fixing them ASAP, or at least put them onto their coming udpate lists.

Followings are my three most pressing concerns that demand urgent attention:

1. Speed up Media Library scanning substantially

2. Provide Automatic Scanning after new music files are added or after existing files are modified

3. A proper Alphabetical Sorting Order for Music Albums and Artists (at least)

…feel free to add yours to the list.

Please add your concerns in Numbered List format and follow the Last Number listed in the last post before you.

This would make us (including ROSE staffs ) easily to sum the total number of concerns in this thread and easily for us (including ROSE staffs ) to refer to any item for further discussion and implementation, if needed.

Also please avoid duplication. Thanks and appreciated.

4 Likes

Good and IMHO really needed thread:
4. playing CD (also with the device from Rose) without complete crash afterwards.
5. most tags (set with mp3tag) are not included for local files; albums with multiple discs are not found as one album
6. implement at least SMB V2 or 3
7. implement a DLNA client
8. update the core from Android 7 to a current Android version
9. add support for video iso files (vlc itself knows them)

2 Likes

Hi Burki,
What do you think of using number 4 to 9 in your list, rather than having them in bullets ? As such, we will know the total number of our concerns added to the list.

For me, what is expressed in point 2 is fundamental. It must already have been like this when the machine was designed

1. Fix the Auto Time Switching
  2. Scan Engine for local media
  3. Display Dimming (I prefer it more black than now)
  4. Support of NFS
1 Like

Gread thread so far
here are my top most wanted features
10. working fix for library related german umlauts, special character problem which splits 1 album into 2 album segments in the library (still in the works)
11. auto update for library, especially when you add new music or correct id tags or delete or rename files. so we don’t have any orphaned files and library entries
12. Track numbers in album listing so you can listen an entire album in original track order
13. more sort options in music app. It would be great when there are more sort options, last added, sort by release year, grouping by artist, album artist or other parameters to get a multi step selection to find your desired music. in addition, sort oders like descending and ascending
14. audio normalization feature to ensure to have 1 audio level for the complete library to avoid too low / too high volume.
15. Bonus wish: if rose connect app has a final stage one time, a small remote app for apple watch would be awesome…

Hi aswiss and rikibu,

Thanks for adding your concerns to the list.

Would you mind changing your Bulleted Lists into Numbered Lists and make them following the Last Number (currently 9) from Burki or whoever place the numbered list before you.

This would not only make us (including ROSE staffs) easily to find out the Total Number of Concerns but also easily for us (including ROSE staffs) to identify and refer to any item on the list for further discussion or implementation, if needed.

Any other who are interested to add theirs to the list. Appreciate to follow the Numbered Lists format suggested. And please note to avoid duplications.

Thanks

Now my wishlist is numberd :slight_smile:

A numbered list is not enough.

Why?

There will be a search from number to app topic.

Therefore, start with an app list and number.
You can place the desired comments per number here.
This helps everyone and immediately knows which app or feature it is about.

App list

1. Rose Home
  2. Music
  3. Video
  4. Radio
  5. Rose Radio
  6. RoseTube
  7. Podcast
  8. CD
  9. Tidal
  10. Bugs
  11. Qobuz
  12. Setting
  13. My Playlist
  14. User

For example:

02. Music

• Speed up Media Library scanning substantially
  • Provide Automatic Scanning after new music files are added or after existing files are modified
  • A proper Alphabetical Sorting Order for Music Albums and Artists (at least)
  • most tags (set with mp3tag) are not included for local files; albums with multiple discs are not found as one album
  • Scan Engine for local media
  • working fix for library related german umlauts, special character problem which splits 1 album into 2 album segments in the library (still in the works)
  • auto update for library, especially when you add new music or correct id tags or delete or rename files. so we don’t have any orphaned files and library entries
  • Track numbers in album listing so you can listen an entire album in original track order
  • more sort options in music app. It would be great when there are more sort options, last added, sort by release year, grouping by artist, album artist or other parameters to get a multi step selection to find your desired music. in addition, sort oders like descending and ascending
  • audio normalization feature to ensure to have 1 audio level for the complete library to avoid too low / too high volume.
2 Likes

07. Podcast

1. Sorting podcasts into subscriptions needed.
  2. Many podcast remain blank. However, these podcasts have a list of episodes.
  3. No update.
  4. Adding channel url via pc/mac and not only via smartphone or tablet with Rose Connect Premium.
  5. Rose connect is not identical as device and Rose Connect Premium.
  6. Images do not always match the chosen subscribed podcast.
  7. First chosen podcast is displayed but at next other podcast of different origin are sometimes not refreshed. As a result, an incorrect image of the chosen podcast is not correct.
1 Like

@ARey11
This kind of topic based structure is hard to handle.
The best way to find out the most needed features is an open survey with every feature in it, so the community can vote

Otherwise @TomT as the thread starter must collect every information in every post to put it all together in his first post to make it easy to handle for the dev team.

We as Rose Users can provide more direct help to the dev team this way.

With a loose complement of bugs issues, the dev team always has to go through a jumble of issues first.

A bug report is based on the issue of a topic.
Therefore, bring directly the issue and then the problems and desired solutions.

05. Rose Radio

Make radio station addition also possible for Rose Connect with PC or Mac as in Rose Connect Premium.

1 Like

02. Music Allow passthrough of multichannel FLAC, and atmos (.mka) files through HDMI out. Also, improve integration with Roon.

12. Setting Weather: Add 10,000+ more cities one at a time like the current method OR allow user to input a single latitude/longitude for their city/town. Crazy I know but it might work :wink:.
15. Everywhere Proper translations to all non-Korean languages.

Hi ARey11,

My original purpose of creating this post is to express MY MOST concerned features and bugs regarding ROSE app, hoping that ROSE engineers could focus on them and consider to solve them first.

That’s why I listed 3 items only because I regard these 3 issues are somethings I desperately hope for a solution ASAP. Other bug fixings and feature enhancements I can wait.

I like your idea of grouping bugs into different categories. But it contradicts to my idea of creating this post (the MOST CONCERNED as the subject line stated.) This post is not created to list all the issues we encountered from ROSE app.

Moreover, IMO, simply adding your 14 categories under one SINGLE post will create confusions, too.

Therefore, I would suggest you to create 14 new posts (could be more) for each item you listed so that each post can focus on ONE specific topic specifically.

I would add my issues to the appropriate ones when they are created.

These are also my main concerns.

Hi TomT
I am now very satisfied with the ROSE RS 150B after the repair and I think everything works perfectly, but the only problem I have now is:
When playing a CD on the RS 780, after starting the playback, the first track gets stuck in the beginning and returns to the beginning of the first track, but then the playback is fine. It only happens for the first track after insertion and for every CD the same.
Thank you for your willingness to help. Sidonius

I love my player so much! I can’t believe that anything would need improvement. I have never had any problems at all.

1 Like

16.If I’m correct, modifying the queue list must be done by first accessing a song and then from that screen selecting the queue where the queue can be modified in various ways. This is not intuitive. Because the queue list is the central focus of the software, accessing the queue list should be one of the first items a user sees. I suggest that the major focus of the Rose Software is to aggregate access to various music services’ playlists. It does this well but accessing this function needs to be in the top level menu.

Consider putting the queue list symbol (three lines and a note ) at the top of the list of icons representing the various services whose playlists are integrated, i.e., Apple, Qobuz, Music, etc. Also please consider highlighting it by color or size to draw attention to it.

Secondly, a users list of playlists (This should be called My Playlists) that he has created are the first thing he returns to for listening to music. A new icon (My Playlists Icon - MPI) should be on the main page and should be the second item in the list of music services right after the Queue list icon. Selecting the MPI should take the user to the existing My Playlist(s) screen which shows all of the user’s Playlists and allowing the ability to Play, add, delete or modify playlists and their contents. I believe the current system requires a user to start a music listening session with the queue rather than a playlist. Many times however, a user will want to start listening with one of his previously created Playlists which are listed in My Playlist(s). For an example see Roon’s “My Playlists”. I think their arrangement is done well. I’m using (s) as the term you are using “My Playlist” is incorrect. It should be “My Playlists”

Making these changes to the Rose Software would greatly improve the user experience.