This is not a playing status

Hi, I have been using Hifi Rose for nearly a month. Suddenly today, i cannot access Tidal thru hifi rose app. It says “This is not a playing status”. If I press play for any song on tidal it will say “requested quality is not allowed in user’s subscription”. I’ve checked my Tidal subscription and it is working fine.

One more thing, I could not log in into Hifi Rose. Tried to sign up but the screen just froze.

Please help…

From,
“Not Tech Savvy - at all”
Shaik

Hello,

1. Would you try to logout and login again from the ROSE device? (Not in the APP)
  2. Did you sign up in APP or the ROSE device?
    Freezing still happens now?
1 Like

Will try this first and revert.

Ok I have managed to login into Rose hifi. Thank God. But I still cannot use tidal. When I press play it says “requested quality is not allowed in user’s subscription”. My Tidal subscription is premium account and I can listen on my iPhone and Samsung Tab.

Found the problem!! My Tidal account in Rose device has been hacked. Managed to log out and log in with my password but the hacker still logged in after that. Need help!
image|666x500

Hello,

Did you change your TIDAL password?
Please try to change your TIDAL password and logout from every devices you have, and login again with new password.

Ok will do as recommended and see whether the hacker is still there. Is there any other way tonstop hacking; ie using fixed IP address for example?

I understand the problem now.

1. Hacker hacked into my Hifi Rose device and logged in using his own username password;
  2. Then he proceeded to register Tidal using his own username and password

Voila!! I’m locked out from my own device🤦🏻

So I presume Hifirose needs to tighten your security so that your device cannot be hacked. Since the streamer is connected to internet 24/7, this may and could happen again.

Rgds

Shaik

I am interested how you can prove that’s what happened.

What else would be the explanation? U tell me?

to get access into your device (local), the “hacker” must have access to your Local Network. Everything else does not make any sense to me. So it must be someone using your WLAN, LAN / maybe someone you even know. You should check on your router, whether you see devices which do not belong to your network.
External, from Internet it is not possible to have access to the HifiRose Device in your LAN. Unless you have everything open, no firewall, and all ports routed from Internet, so anyone can access your device.

You can reset device in the system settings menu. This will reset all settings, including alleged hacker login and password in Tidal app.