Tidal Connect Support?

So is it still possible? Is it a licensing issue? Or can it be done by software?

1 Like

Please reconsider tidal connect.

3 Likes

Please add tidal connect in the next update:

1 Like

Any news on this? I understand that you want to shoehorn everyone into your ios/android apps, but the apps are so lackluster that this is just silly :tired_face:

2 Likes

So, it is clear that Tidal connect is not planned soon whatever customers say.

The other option is to use you cell phone/tablet connected with Bluetooth with to the rs 250. LDAC Bluetooth is very good!

I would also like to see Tidal connect. This is an industry standard.

Many thanks,
Hervé

1 Like

Could you add “My Daily Mix Discovery” from Tidal to Rose connect please? I don’t see why you could not because we already have all of the my Mix & radio (My Mix 1 to 8) in Rose connect while My Daily Mix Discovery is missing.

Hifirose, please comment.
Daniel

2 Likes

@Dandion

There are functions that we can add through the API we received from Tidal, and there are functions that we do not have.
After checking, if there is an API, we will add it

Thank you

Thanks for your open mind and let us know if you found an API.

Yip plus one from me for tidal connect.

The rose app is clumsy and buggy at the best of times .

Another vote for Tidal Connect. This is essential for high-end streamers.

PS. while you are at it, please add Amazon Connect too :slight_smile: Many tracks have higher quality on Amazon than on Tidal :+1:

1 Like

Just curious why is Tidal Connect not already available?

It’s much faster to browse and change tracks using native Tidal app than touchscreen which is across the room

Since there is no plan to have Tidal connect at short term, here are 3 options to listen your daily mix from Tidal:

1. copy “My daily discovery playlist” in a new personal playlist in Tidal. Wait couple of minutes and stream the playlist from Rose connect.
  2. use Bubleupnp and Tidal connect to stream your music on your rs250/rs150
  3. use Tidzl connect with Bluetooth. Make sure you use LDAC for high resolution streaming.

Personally, I prefer Bubleupnp.
Daniel

1 Like

Thanks for this tip!

I am not familiar with BubbleUPnP but it seems an always-on server is required. A couple of concersn:

1. Will HiFiRose still get album art and all other details when using sending Tidal Connect to BubbleUPnP?
  2. Will HiFiRose auto-switch between different inputs, eg. Roon, BubbleUPnP when configured this way?

Works until it comes to track higher than 96/24, so the above two ways are more applicable to me.

Bubleupnp is a free app open source that includes Tidal and Quobuz connect. You don’t need RoseConnect when usiing Bubleupnp. Album art and like button work with Bubleupnp because it Tidal connect

When you bubleupnp, you must select which device you want to stream so, select ro rs250 in the list device you are done.
It is like Chromecast.

I really would appreciate Tidal Connect! When you have audio products from different brands, Tidal connect is the only way to play music simultaniously on all devices and thats what I need! Best, AndyDandy from Switzerland

1 Like

Is Tidal Connect under review? A number of streamers have this feature. Why is it difficult to implement?

2 Likes

As an ex-TIDAL software engineer I’ve reached out to Hifi Rose a few weeks ago to see if I could help in any way, but got no reply. Hopefully we’ll get TIDAL Connect support soon though, would make me love my RS150B even more for sure.

7 Likes

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA Guys you have a great resource reaching out to you in @koenoe, kindly respond so we can have Tidal Connect. If there is no intent in offering Tidal Connect let us know so we can decide if we move on from Hifi Rose or accept the lack of a very common feature with like streamers.

4 Likes