Tidal Connect Support?

Hi,

Do the devices support Tidal connect or will do so in the future?

3 Likes

Hello, this is HiFiRose.

We don’t support TIDAL Connect, we only support TIDAL IN-APP for now.
We have plan to support TIDAL Connect as well, it’s in our development plan.
But it is difficult to tell the specific schedule yet.

Thank you.

Any news on when Tidal Connect will happen? It sucks having to resort to Spotify Connect when I also have a Tidal subscription.

2 Likes

Hello,

TIDAL CONNECT is not currently planned. Please use TIDAL in the ROSE app.

I’m sad to hear that. One of the reasons I actually decided to purchase the 250 was because of your earlier comments stating that you were planning to support Tidal Connect.

Why should I need to pick up my phone when I want to listen to another song when I’m already using my laptop? I’m sorry but the ROSE app is a subpar experience.

Why can’t I see my tidal playlists?
Why does it recommend song genres I have absolutely no interest in?
Why does it recommend Korean songs? (which I also have absolutely no interest in)
Why can’t I select my country? (norway)

Luckily I’m still within my return window and I will have to reconsider if I should keep it or not.

3 Likes

I have no problems seeing my Tidal playlists.
Tidal without connect works very well and I do not miss it. ( Had it on my Cambridge equipment )

So you don’t play music from your computer?

Edit:
Wow. It tells me I’m not allowed to post more than 3 replies to a topic (even though this is the 4th reply)

Hello,

Are you using RoseConnect for MAC/Windows?

About the recommend list, can you show me any screenshots about it?

About selecting Norway, would you explain more in detail? Do you mean the radio?

For radio, yes.

I was not aware that there was an application for mac, I will check it out, thanks.

Well I downloaded the app and it looks decent enough, but it’s not possible to click any songs…

Edit: Seemed to be lag / bug of some sorts. It suddely started working. Suggestion though, make the current song playing also highlighted in the list.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the mac application and it seems to get the job done so far… Thanks for pointing out that you actually have a computer application as well!

Hello,

Seems like you’re looking at an album.
On the bottom right of your screenshot, there’s QUEUE button.
You can check the currently playing QUEUE.

Please consider providing TIDAL CONNECT as previously advertised. TIDAL in the ROSE app does not make a good use of a tidal subscription. Recommended albums and songs selected by the Rose app from Tidal have no relevance to the user, and do not appear to be based on music played. The actual recommendations from TIDAL are not shown via the ROSE app. Also, the interface of ROSE app (both for iphone and Mac) is much inferior to the TIDAL software.

8 Likes

After having used the macos app for a few days now it’s quite obvious that it is a beta (alpha?) version. I’d much rather have native tidal connect support.

Please do reconsider supporting Tidal Connect.

5 Likes

I am long time Tidal user and enjoy my RS250. Please do reconsider supporting Tidal Connec soon.

4 Likes

Yes I like to echo what’s been said the majority of people would like is to have TIDAL connects firmware update ASAP.

I do have a TIDAL subscription and I’m actually missing out on the algorithms that Tidal
offers that rose connect do not offer.

I really hope you will reconsider this factor .

2 Likes

We want Tidal App support. Why bother having Tidal on the screen? This sucks. I am returning my unit.

The ROSE app is very confusing. I have the RS250 and I don’t see ROSE as a selection directly from Tidal. Is this a Tidal problem or HifiRose? Will you be supporting Tidal Connect. I don’t want to use the Rose Connect app. The Rose Connect app is a waste of time develop. TIDAL Connect is very important for something that cost this much!!! WILL YOU BE SUPPORTING it or not?

1 Like

Gerron this one stamping his feet. On the internet.

Hello @timseattle

I’m really sorry to tell you that regarding the addition of Tidal Connect, there is currently no specific schedule set.

Thank you