Tidal Dropouts via Ethernet

Hoping someone can help. My RS150B is connected by Ethernet directly to my modem and I also have my Roon Nucleus + connected by usb to my RS 150B. The Nucleus is also connected via Ethernet to my router.

If I select the usb input to play Roon playback is flawless, no buffering but I don’t get to experience the beautiful display. I’ve tried streaming Roon from the app and using the RS150B as the input and I get rhe display but buffering is terrible and lots of gaps and silence in the stream, skipping tracks etc.

If I try using Tidal or Qobuz from within the HiFiRose remote then it’s better sometimes but I still have issues. I really want the benefit of the display which is a big reason for buying it in the first place but it’s unusable due to the buffering.

My broadband connection is fine, speeds are great and I stream 4K Netflix etc without issue. I don’t understand why I have an issue streaming Tidal to the RS150B when it’s being fed by an Ethernet connection.

I’m using IOS version of the Rose app and have the same problem whether or not I use my iPhone or IPad Pro

Hello,

So you have issue when you use ROON APP, selected RS150B as Roon ready and played TIDAL/Qobuz but terrible buffering occurs?
Can you try to connect RS150B ethernet to same router with ROON Nucleus+?

The Nucleus + and RS150B are both connected to the same router

Hello, can you take a screenshot of signal path in Roon?

First pic is with it via usb feed and no buffering but no display from Roon which I know is normal.

2nd pic is streaming using RS150B as input. Display working but skipping tracks and buffering

Well, that’s really strange. Everything looks fine…

1. Do you have skipping/buffering problem when this message appears? (In your screenshot)
    ’Qobuz media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem.'
    The error message appears when there’s networking problem between Qobuz and Roon.

2. If you have any music files in your Nucleus+ such as mp3, flac, wav… etc.
    Can you try the files if they have the same problem? If you can play them without problem, connection between RS150B and ROON is okay.
    If the same issue happens even when you play local files in your Nucleus+, then connection between RS150B and ROON may be the problem.
    Never had such issue before but if this situation happens, I should ask you for reset of RS150B and router… I hope not.
    Sorry for not being able to give you specific help.

I don’t have any files to try. I have the same issue though when I try to stream Qobuz or Tidal from the Rose app so I don’t think it’s necessarily Roon related.

I’ve swapped the RS150B to wifi instead of internet and it’s now perfect. All I can think of is that there must be some sort of conflict with the IP addresses via Ethernet. I did notice that the Ip address was different when I was on Ethernet in the Roon audio screen.

I don’t know why it now works but it does. I always thought though that a wired connection was better than a wireless connection