Tidal Playback on RS150B: Cannot unpause

1. Start playing a queue of Tidal music. The queue was playing for approximately 1 hour.
  2. I tapped the pause button on the RS150B’s LCD.
  3. Left the room for about 10 minutes.
  4. Upon return the music was paused, but the LCD still displayed the pause button (should be the play button since music is paused).
  5. I also have Rose Connect Premium running on an iPad mini, it also displayed the pause button and not the play button for the obviously paused music.

This isn’t the first time I’ve noticed this pause issue…

The RS150B is running the latest firmware/software.

@mitcchnt

First of all, I’m sorry for the late reply.
We were away last week to attend a hi-fi audio show in Germany.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please check a few things.

1. If Tidal music is played in Queue, and music is not played for approximately 1 hour, does the button work normally on the RS150b LCD when the play or pause button is pressed after playing the music?
  2. If you play music for about an hour, does this always happen?
  3. Does this only happen with Tidal music?

Please answer the questions above. We will also check the symptoms.

Thank you

@ROSEHAN
Thanks for getting back to me. Just installed the latest RoseOS and firmware for my RS150B (RoseOS 4.6.07). I’ll try to reproduce my original issue along with the additional checks you’ve requested on this release and get back to you.

On RoseOS 4.6.07;

1. If Tidal music is played in Queue, and music is not played for approximately 1 hour, does the button work normally on the RS150b LCD when the play or pause button is pressed after playing the music?

Played 12 tracks from Tidal. Pressed pause on the LCD, player UI becomes unresponsive.

1. If you play music for about an hour, does this always happen?

Yes when I play consecutive tracks from Tidal.

1. Does this only happen with Tidal music?

I will see if this happens playing a queue consisting of on Qobuz music, and for queues that only contain music stored an installed SSD. Will get back to you on this.

@mitcchnt

I have forwarded the symptom to the software team.
Based on what you said, we’ll check it out.
If there is a replay on our side, we will fix it quickly.

Thank you