Tidal streaming with full MQA decoder DAC

If I have an external DAC that is a full MQA decoder, what would be best connection and setting to get the most out of Tidal?

Connection - should I use USB (as opposed to AES/EBU) output?
Setting - What’s the setting I should go for to make sure only the DAC is handling all the decoding?

Thanks.

Hello,

As you have an external DAC(full MQA decoder), I would recommend USB connection between your DAC and ROSE unit as USB transmits the signal as it is.

This is all you need to use your external DAC as MQA full decoder.
ROSE unit > IN/OUT Settings > Select USB OUT > Select your DAC

Best Regards,

Thanks. In the “MQA Type” under Output Setting, should I select Authenticator?

Does connection via AES/EBU also work for MQA signal? My DAC performs better with AES/EBU or SPDIF connection.

Hello,

1. In the “MQA Type” under Output Setting, should I select Authenticator?
    → It doesn’t matter whatever you choose, I would put it on authenticator if my external DAC is MQA full deecoder.

2. It doesn’t matter with MQA. Just know that AES/EBU output’s maximum sampling frequency is 192khz. Still, if AES/EBU sounds best to you, connect AES/EBU.

Switching thing the other way around, which digital input can I use to send MQA from an external source (another streamer) to the Rose RS-150 so that the Rose will fully decode the MQA file? Should I select Authenticator or Decoder on the Rose and MQA Passthrough on the other device?