Transfer files to RS150

It is obvious to me, now, that this device was never intended to “manage” files. The advertising is VERY DECEIVING. It is a great streamer. I gave up on really using it as a wav data base. I am thinking of just selling it and buying something else. I pulled the SSD out of the 150B and stopped trying to move files. I put all my wav’s back on a NAS. I have much better things to do in my life then suffer with this deficiency. For example, drink beer.

I DREAD trying the DataBase update though. Ill just live with having NO meta data. I should have kept my Sony HAPZ1es…

Digital Sound Files without MetaData are pretty much useless - unless you invest at least lots of hours to name the files properly - otherwise you will just have track01, track02 etc. for every CD you ripped.
I did my ripping with foobar, and into FLAC with 0 compression. This offers tagging etc.
I see this still as part of my hobby - and I tagged over 6000 CDs over the last 10+ years.
As I said earlier - one of the best ways to manage a large music collection is Roon with music stored on the NAS. Roon adds much more information to your collection, and connects artists within the database. This is worth the money - even its nowadays very expensive for the lifetime licence.
For the Rose DB capabilities - even if their DB Software would be as good as Roon - the local storage would never meet my needs (with max 4 TB).
I copied around 900GB Files for testing - and some album are not proper added to the DB - even not with 100% proper tagging - so I can understand your position about having a beer.
But using untagged material it is almost impossible to do proper DB adding.

Since this topic started over a year ago, I don’t think Hifi Rose cares much about improving the SMB performance. They must have known all of this when first releasing…

I think, the processor and the software are limited - or not that good implemented.
as I don’t work or have any other relation to Rose, I can’t say.
I don’t need it, so it is not disturbing me.
Just wanted to mention, that there are more effective solutions.

Problem is, people are spending 5000.00us on this product under the impression that SMB works. The advertising is deceiving. I’m pretty pissed about it. I’m not rich and I think I wasted my money.

1 Like

Re File Transfers to 150B - I posted this concern on my new 150B way back in early 2022 and still too complicated to transfer a large collection from the Synology 920+ NAS to the now idle 4TB Samsung Internal SSD . So I just use it as a streamer or the original SMB connection to access the files from my NAS to play on the Rose via either HDMI to my Marantz 8015 for Video or using XLR to my Luxman 505 XII for music. I recently bought an Ever Solo DMP-A6 and so simple to use SMB - it virtually does the job for you of finding the NAS and making available all my PLEX files to use and/ or download to internal SSD. Unfortunately Rose while being an excellent well featured product in many ways it has generic software issues that unnecessarily complicate the user interface. I enjoy using both outputs but Rose Tube has limitations and recently I had the frustrating and unwatchable 1 min video cut out issue mentioned elsewhere and lip sync is major issue - well out beyond any corrections from the Marantz AVR. I cant spend the time required to constantly work on updates and improvements and from that perspective very disappointed with my purchase. Someone also mentioned their Sony HAPZ1 - I have the little brother Hap S1 and yes it works fine albeit with limitations compared to the Rose 150b I could not recommend the 150B or similar to a prospective buyer unless these issues become streamlined and automatic to the end user particularly given the comparative costs. I appreciate the company’s forums and endeavours to fix things but these ongoing problems should have a largely been predicted in the original design and build. That’s my take. Happy HIFI listening.