Transfer files to RS150

I have a solid network running at 1G. It is a wired network. I can see every machine and all but the Rose trans fer at full speed. I did install a 4Tb SSD. When I start to transfer files to it from a NAS the maximum speed reached is around 5Mb. average around 3 Mb. Is this normal or I do have a problem with the rose?
The rest of the network is operating normal.

Hello,

Did you transfer many small files? If you can, would you try one big file and see if the speed is still 3~5Mb?

The speed seems strange, it’s too slow. It should be 20~30Mb/s.
What’s the model name of your 4TB SSD?
Also, ethernet is ON in RS150B, right?

Thanks for the reply.
Crucial MX500 and brand new. The files that I am transferring are small. The bandwidth of the network normally does not change with the size of the files. ,I am going to rar a few files together and see the difference. Thanks

I have a similar problem with the 150B I just purchased a week ago. I have a Naim Uniticore with ~2TB worth of files. Bought a 4TB Samsung EVO870 SSD, installed it into the 150B, setup the SMB connection as instructed and both the 150B and my Naim are hooked by wired ethernet to a switch, which is connected to the whole network. When transferring files to the 150B, it is Super Slow. Literally, takes about 30 mins to transfer 30 (of my 50,000) files ! When observing the transfer details on Windows Explorer, I note that for each file transferred, it rises to about 10-15 MB/s and when the single file transfer is complete, it drops down to 0 b/s and stays there for a few minutes, before starting the next file transfer.

The strange thing is… when I switched the connection to Wifi (6), it turned out to be much faster. Generally about 10-12 MB/s but the key is the resting 0 b/s is very short-lived - generally a couple of seconds.

Obviously, it is really strange that wifi would be faster than my wired network all using Cat 7 cables. So I even tried changing all the cables, buying a new ethernet switch, trying a different PC… none of these improved the situation at all.

Equally, when using Ethernet on the 150B, the app on both Android and OIS always struggles to connect but when switched to Wifi, that problem disappears.

I often see the ethernet cable from the 150B to the switcher showing no activitiy at all (ie, the light on the switcher doesn’t blink) whereas all other network cables on the switch are very much alive.

I am at a loss to this problem… do I need to consider a factory reset, or ?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions !

what disturbs me more is, that I had to reactivate SMB1 in order to have to Rose working with the NAS.
It’s OS is Linux based, and there should be no problem to have that upgraded to SMB2 or 3 (which are all supported by Samba v4 on Linux).

THE MAJOR issue is around this problem , ripping, freezing, this unit is not fit for purpose ive cancelled my 150

Its always a personal choice, which of the features will bring you further.
Wish you good luck with some other brands.

Hi ROSELOA,

Hoping you see my earlier message and can provide some comments or explanation please.

Thank you

I did not try WIFI. I try not to use it for music. I did get a very good switch, and most of the stereo appliances use this switch. It is as well connected to the router. I tried a few things, check connections, even replaced some wires but nothing helps. For a few more days I am still transferring files. After I transfer everything, around 3Tb the transfers are going to be very small and not many so I am not worry about. If I find a solution I will post it.

@Alex1950, Thank you for the reply. Would you mind sharing the pace of the transfers please ? For example, how long it is taking to transfer every 100GB or so ? Mine was transferring at the rate of approximately 30 mins for every 1GB. It was going to take me over a month (assuming fully uninterrupted), to transfer the 1.8TB. Eventually, I gave up and bought an external SSD enclosure to house the SSD and transfer the files directly. Even playing Spotify connect works over wifi but not over ethernet so it looks like my unit might have an issue and I shall be returning it to the distributor for a thorough checkup.

I transfer Aretha (20.4Gb) and took 2 hours and 4 minutes. So I am transferring faster that you. 5Gb every 30 minutes. I do not mind because I had a bit of a mess, and I am cleaning as I go along. I like the idea of having the music in the rose and use the NAS as a backup. If anything changes I will post it.

@Alex1950, thanks for sharing.

@ROSELOA hoping you see this and can provide some advice pls

Thank you

Moved the R150, connect it to another switch that does not have a direct connection to the router but it is now in the same switch as the HAS. Used the same cables. The rest of the network stay the same. Voila, the bandwidth shot up, and I am transferring between 20 to 30. It is going to stay this way. I am too old to keep playing with it.

Same issue. I’m not able to transfer more than 5-6mb/s with smb protocol.
What Rose says about this issue?

I have the same issue. I’m going thru a managed switch. BOTH ports auto negotiates to 1GB. However, the Win transfer rate is 3MB/Sec at best. This is BS. The NAS and the 150B are on the same switch. This is brutal. I have a 1GB network and I get 3MB? Anybody experience this? Thanks!

Dear user

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

When using a Rose device connected to a network, the file transfer speed is slower than usual. Depending on the network environment, the average is 20mb ~ 23mb, and it comes out up to 30mb.
File transfer speed depends on your network conditions.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a 1GB network. Maybe 7 devices on it. I put the 150B on the same 1GB switch as my QNAP. NO CHANGE. I installed the wireless dongle on the 150B. Disconnected the ethernet cable. Enabled wireless. Transfer speed of the exact same ripped CD increased to 8MB. I don’t believe it has anything to do with my network.

Is there anything I can test or try? Thank you!

The problem is NOT your network. Make sure that you update your RS150. It comes out of the box with SMB 1 that is extremely slow. Even with SMB 2 is still a lot slower than your network. How to solve the problem? What I did. I installed the SSD on my computer and transfer all my music to it. Now, I installed the SSD in the RS150. To update it I sync it with my SAN automatically where I have all my music. Once in while I do have to transfer some files. Still slow. I do not have the time now to play with it but my do it after summer. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for your help. My 150B is at 4.6 or something. It is the latest. No other apps are showing updates available. Is there a way to check and force it?

I think, that Rose will never solve this issue (other android based players like the Eversolo DMP-A6 or the Fiio R7 can transfer the datas much faster through SMB), but try on the RS150 ftp unstead SMB.