Transformer noise from RS150B

Let your reseller provide you with an amp! See if it still hums at home! any decent reseller would do that. If not… ROSE HIFI should penalize the reseller! These things hurt the brand name. Certainly, because ROSE HIFI is just in the market.

You can trie the IFI https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/
This could stop the hum. If you try it. Try it on the RS150 first. Hence the hum is transferred from there to your amp.

I Hope HIFI Rose speaks with your reseller.

Good luck!

Thanks for your advice I will try the IFI DC BLOCKER.

I’ve also find this article someone else has got the same problem as myself.

ps
these days the resell only want your money once you’ve part with your money you are on your own.

UK law states if you buy a product and it’s faulty you should return it and they should repair it. if they can’t repair it they should give you a replacement and if they can’t then then you should get your money back. The product should be fit for purpose.

Thanks for your help

Welcome.
This is a very interesting case I would love to take a closer look at it. You can accurately measure the parameters of rose versus rose not buzzing. I don’t think it is a complicated problem. You just need to solve the problem properly, and it will take time to do that. Where do you live? And please give me exactly all the equipment you use and how and with what it is connected. i will try to help you.

Maxxim

In light of a recent post to this forum I would strongly discourage anyone from posting personal details like location and equipment, for hopefully obvious reasons.

I fixed my humming issue as it was due to a slightly loose connection between the IEC socket on my RS150 and the plug on the power cable. I adjusted the connection and problem solved.

To be clear though my issue was mechanical humming from the transformer, not electrical humming/noise others have reported.

Good morning.
In light of your response, I strongly advise against helping people like you @NickH . For known reasons. In fact, I discourage even the desire to help at all. And I am not surprised that no one wanted to help you.

Maxxim

Maybe there is a history I don’t know about but I see nothing wrong with the comments or responses by NickH in this thread. I see he referred to being in the UK and power there is different from the US. Posting a home address in a public forum might be unwise however.

I have the same problem between my ROSE RS150B and my ACCUPHASE E 280 NEW integrated amplifier. I have also done various tests with another ROSE RS150B and the hum remains… if I connect any other electronics there is no buzz!!!.. very serious problem on a €4,000 machine in my opinion and it is not given by Rose a clear answer or solution to the problem……

I also have the 150b transformer noise issue. All my other equipment is silent except this thing. Really poor workmanship and is ruining my experience. Now out of warranty so no doubt expensive to service. I’m questioning whether I’d purchase another HiFi Rose product.

I have the same problem between my ROSE RS150B and my ACCUPHASE E 280 NEW integrated amplifier too!
I thought that there is a problem with Rose (first) and then with Accuphase (second). I changed all the cables (balanced and unbalanced). I’ve connected Lumin media player. I’ve connected many power filters…. and nothing. I heard the hum form my speakres……

But now I know - what is the problem!!

This is a GROUND LOOP problem.
I have two devices connected to the new electrical installation with the external GND line (TN-S).
It’s OK - but with the balanced cables connected to both devices _ there is a GND loop - and this is the hum noise problem!!
You have two options _ disconnect GND form one of the devices (don’t worry it will be grounded by balanced connection) or buy GND blocker (ex. iFi audio). I am using GND blocker (not AC blocker!!!) and there is NO NOISE :slight_smile: Listen to the music now :slight_smile:

My issue is not a ground loop problem. There is no sound from my speakers. The humming is coming from inside the 150b.

@Ataripower

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If the hum noise comes from the RS150b rather than the speaker, contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS150b and ask them to replace the AC/DC converter.

Thank you. Will they do that for free? The unit is outside of warranty?

@Ataripower

Please contact the distributor in the country where you purchased the RS150b.

finally someone who has the same problem as me!!! how did you solve it??...I did 1000 tests (even cutting the GND wire) first on the Rose’s power supply and then also on the accuphase but NOTHING!:sweat: