Type Ethernet Cable

Do you need a “special type” of Ethernet cable or any ethernet cable would work on the RS250A?

The Hifi store recommended WIREWORLD Solstice 8 1M ethernet cable, but is quite costly for 140 euros.

Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers

Hi,

I just use a normal Cat 5e Ethernet cable, works fine for me on my 250a.

1 Like

No, you need an Ethernet cable that complies with Ethernet standards appropriate for your network. Generally, Cat-5E or Cat-6 is perfectly fine for home use.

Fancy “audiophile” Ethernet cables, no matter what some people might want to believe, make absolutely no difference in sound, and very often do not work well, because WW, AQ et al spend 100% of their budget on marketing and 0% on any kind of R&D. At best you end up with a generic cable wrapped in a fancy jacket and with fancy looking connectors. At worst you get something they actually got their hands on, without ever having seen an Ethernet (or USB, etc. etc.) spec, and then if it works at all it is purely by accident.

I am using a low-priced Cat 8 cable (2m, USD 30) and it brings a satisfactory performance in my system comparing to some high-priced cable I used before.
Get a low-priced Cat 8 cable and see if you like it or not.