Unable to connect 250A to Macmini

@Snipe2084

Please check a few things.

1. Does the pop-up message you showed appear after entering the IP address and login (ID/PW)? Or does it appear immediately after entering the IP address?

2. Is it the same after setting as below on Mac?
    In Settings → Users & Groups I have Guest User set to “Sharing Only”
    In Settings → General → Sharing, the shares have “Allow guest access” checked

3. Is it the same after disabling the firewall?
    In Settings → Security & Privacy → Firewall Off

4. What is the MAC OS version you are using?

Thank you

1. This pop up occurs when i first try to connect to the IP address before entering the username and password.
  2. I have changed the first one to this. The second seems a little different but I think I set it correctly. Pleas see screenshot below.
  3. Yes, firewall off.
  4. macOS Monterrey v 12.4

Also, the Mac can see the 250, but can’t login.

@Snipe2084
Hello

1. What happens when you press the Connect button on the last picture you showed me? Are there any messages that appear?
  2. After disabling SMB setting from RS250A, re-enable it and enter ID and password again.
    And when creating ID and password, please create without special characters.

Thank you

Ok, @ROSEHAN i will try that.

In addition, can you send me the steps to connect via usb?

Thx,
Christopher

@Snipe2084

We will explain how to play music by connecting PC and your RS250a and USB.

1. Go to the link below, extract the Asio driver, and install it on your PC.
    ASIO Driver (For Windows PC)_May 31, 2022

2. In the In/Out settings for RS250a, select USB IN from the Input section.

3. Connect the USB-B port on the back of the RS250a to the USB-A port on the PC with a USB cable.

4. Play a digital sound source on the PC. Volume is controlled by the PC player volume.
    If you select RS250a as the PC’s sound output, the sound will be played from RS250a.

Thank you

Thanks you Mr Han, but I need instructions for connecting to a Mac.

Thx,

Christopher

@Snipe2084

If you see the link in my #1 comment, you don’t need to download ASIO drivers separately for Mac.
The rest of the usage is the same as Windows.

Thank you

Now I’m connected by usb. I can see the music files, but they don’t play.

Also, how do i copy files from my mac to the 250? I still can’t connect it.Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 6.30.06 PM

Hello, is it possible to play files from my external hard drive connected to my Mac mini? I can’t tell if this is possible or not. So far I can’t get this to work.

Thx
Christopher

@Snipe2084

I think you still don’t quite understand.

To play music from an external hard drive connected to Mac mini, follow the steps below. And it is not playing the sound source in the RoseConnect app, but opening and playing the external hard drive connected to the Mac mini.

1. Go to the link below, extract the Asio driver, and install it on your PC.
    ASIO Driver (For Windows PC)_May 31, 2022

2. In the In/Out settings for RS250a, select USB IN from the Input section.

3. Connect the USB-B port on the back of the RS250a to the USB-A port on the PC with a USB cable.

4. Play a digital sound source on the PC. Volume is controlled by the PC player volume.
    If you select RS250a as the PC’s sound output, the sound will be played from RS250a.

You said that you cannot connect to the network via SMB. Please try again as shown below.

1. What happens when you press the Connect button on the last picture you showed me? Are there any messages that appear?
  2. After disabling SMB setting from RS250A, re-enable it and enter ID and password again.
    And when creating ID and password, please create without special characters.

I was hoping that the RS250A could play hi res flac files from my hard drive connected to my mac.

I am still not able to connect with SMB.
When i click connect, i get a message that connection failed.
I’ve re-created the SMB ID and password multiple times.

Has anyone successfully used the RS250A to play hi res flac files from a hard drive connected to a mac? No one else has offered any tips or steps.

thx,
C

Hello,

1. Would you press the RS250A power button for 5 seconds, and tap the restart?
  2. Would you check your MAC settings, if it’s available to connect SMB 2?
    Sometimes, there are users with MAC that allows SMB 3 only.

@Snipe2084 , Mac can connected to Rose 250 via Finder and your issue is login .
Goto finder-Go-Connect to server
Once Login window, use your Mini login details and you will see the Mini on Finder with all folders and files.
Just click any music file and it will open the music with Apple Music App… Some music will open using VLC App since Mac Music app does not support Flac format.

Good luck

Hello @ROSELOA i rebooted the unit, still can’t connect. I don’t know how to set smb2 or smb3. Can you provide instructions?

@Siri , I can’t get the connection, so can’t share files yet.

@ROSELOA

@ROSELOA Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 8.05.32 PM

Pls don’t complicate things and can you pls try to connect to Rose this way?
Goto finder-Go-Connect to server with your Rose IP address?
Once it connected, use ur Mini log in details and let me know what happened

1 Like