Update RS250 - DEC 21-2022 - missing VU functionality

Hi,

Could it be that the VU functions has disappeared, as I cannot find it anymore in the menus. from iPad it also cannot be activated .

Thank You
HQ

@HarleyQuinn

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have a few questions for you.

1. Does the Vu meter not work while playing a video? If so, the Vu mode function is not supported during video playback.

2. RS250–>Settings–>Display–>Vu mode settings–>Select desired Vu meter.

3. You said that the Vu meter could not be activated on the iPad. What was playing?

Thank you

Hello,
thanks for the integration of equalizer in the last update, but the vumeters work badly (RS250), the needles move little, do not climb high enough, even with “Software Volume Control” on OFF, it was very well before the last update.
With Qobuz the needles react well on the other hand, even if they lock if they enter the red.
In short, it is to be reviewed !!
Nice day,
Hervé

Hi Rosehan

I use the vu meters mostly on two inputs

• Input coming from the “Roon core” through wired Lan ( RS250 icon on input selection screen)
  • Input from the TV though Optical In

In previous version both worked. (even though there was a problem in “Opt in” where the needles hardly moved, and if I remember correctly, this was a problem which occurred from the previous update a few months ago)

In the version of yesterday. I notice that on both options, it did not work anymore.

• In the input from Roon (RS250 modus over wired gigabit cable) the option is not available anymore ( nor in remote, nor on the LCD (see Picture 1)

• On input Opt in, you can select the VU setting, but once confirmed on the iPad, the VU meter does not show. Next to this , on the LCD in OPT-in modus, the icon of the vu meter does not show. (see picture 2) and Picture 5 for VU kind I selected).

• Pic 3 and 4 are system photos so you can see all the system components.

• Speakers - Heresy III -Capital records 75 edition + 2 x SVS SB16-Ultra powered subs

• Roon Core exclusively on MacBook Pro (2019)

• RS250 as connection from Roon (network wired) , and TV (over optical in) (and also ADC when turntable en phono preamp is repaired). the RS250 is connected to main DAC over USB

• Main DAC: PS audio Direct Stream DAC and serves als a pre-amp connecting the power amps

• Power Plant P3 ( mid under) for power conditioning power the LF-Monoblocks and dual mono HF Amp), and power “sinewave rebuild” & conditioning for all preamp and streaming components (so RS250, and direct stream as for the TV)

• Power amps: LF channels - 2 x PS Audio Monoblocks - Stellar M700 (2022). HF channels - 1 x PS audio Dual Mono - Stellar S300 (2021) (bi)amp

• Cabling: Viablue AIR for speakers en all interconnects on RCA. and XLRconnection to subs.

@HarleyQuinn

Thank you for the answer.
We found the problem. Upon update-related fixes, this symptom appears to have changed. We will correct it as soon as possible.

Thank you

2 Likes

My VU meters don’t work at all after the update. I see them in the menu and I can select a VU meter but it doesn’t show on the display

1 Like

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Add me to the list where VU meters don’t show anymore after the update. I am using the following setup:

Rose 150b
Gustard R26 External Dac / Preamp (selected as output in Hifi Rose 150b in/out settings)
Frontier Active Speakers (connected to Gustard R26 via XLR)
Roon on Mac mini, connected to LAN via ethernet
Hifi Rose is connected to LAN via ethernet

2 Likes

I am having the same issue after the update on RS250. When stream music on either Qobuz, Tidal and Apple music. I can get into the menu and select the VU meter but it won’t display on the screen.

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Hello,

Any updates on this issue. I look forward to this being resolved as I miss my VU meters. Thank you.

@duffer5

We have identified the symptom and are working on a fix. It will be fixed and updated this week or next week.

Thank you

Okay, thank you. Very much appreciated.

How about fixing VU meters so they work from your remote app on iPhone or iPad? When listening to Roon, and i select VU meters it says not supported, yet I can do it manually from the RS250 touch screen. I’d rather not get up, cross the room, just to activate the meters.

Thanks

Is this going to be fixed this week? Thank you.

@duffer5

It seems that there will be an update related to the function fix this week.

Thank you

2 Likes

Is this still happening this week. Not having the VU functionality on my 150b is annoying at best but that VU display is one of features that got me to purchase the Hifi Rose 150b and now the product has less functionality than when I purchased it. Will this be resolved this week?

@duffer5

Sorry to have to deliver you bad news.

According to the information I received, the schedule is generally delayed, so it will probably be updated at the end of this month.

I’m really sorry

VU function was broken by an untested system update by HIFI Rose software engineers.

The fix was promised by the software manger two weeks after the issue was discovered now it will be another month.

Unless you are okay with your unit working some of the time and potentially software becoming broken with any future update I would avoid the purchase. Don’t be a paying beta tester.

\ 45x45 ROSEHAN
January 13

@duffer5

Sorry to have to deliver you bad news.

According to the information I received, the schedule is generally delayed, so it will probably be updated at the end of this month.

I’m really sorry
@ROSEHAN

@ROSEHAN ,

This is very unacceptable as your update is what broke the function. Your updates break more than you fix. HIFI Rose software engineers easily could have caught this issue before release. The quality control on software has declined dramatically.

Potential customers read these forums. People will start to realize that HIFI Rose maybe attractive on the outside but the software is subpar at best and not worth the trouble.

The big screen on top of RS250 looks so cool. Is that a Roon Display?

Is there a way to trigger the display on and off depending if something is playing or not?

Also, is accessing the Hifirose interface via external display a standard feature? Si cool!

Dear ROSEHAN,

Is there any new feedback on a system update on VU functionality ?

Best Regards
HQ

@HarleyQuinn

I really apologize for the delay in the update schedule. I was informed that the update will be held next Thursday.The issue has already been fixed and will be updated.

Thank you