USB 3.0 Mobile HDD - Maximum Size?

@ROSEHAN

USB 3.0 Mobile HDD - what is the maximum size supported by RS130?

• RS130 Owners Manual says 10TB

• AFAIK, RS130 Community says 16TB

• One RS130 Community member said he connected two 24TB disks (both HDDs were recognized; RS130 DB scan found 300,000 songs)

1 Like

I have an RS250A and I connect a 4-tera USB 3.0 external drive to it with high-quality audio, I have a giant music collection, and with the 4 tera I am more than covered; I understand that 10TB should be more than enough to enjoy very good music in 32 Bit - 24 Bit - SACD ISO’s - Vinyl Rip 192 formats, etc, etc.

On the other hand, each person has the amount of music they consider necessary to have.

Successes!

@joyofmvid @JMBARG

Let me explain it clearly.

1. The SSD and HDD to be installed in the Rose device supports up to 4TB. However, there are times when capacity beyond that is recognized. However, the capacity that is always recognized without problems is 4TB.

2. The HDD or USB external hard drive you want to connect to the USB port on the rear of the Rose device supports up to 10TB. However, there are times when capacity beyond that is recognized. However, the capacity that is always recognized without problems is 10TB.

2 Likes

Internal SSD, would a Samsung 870 QVO with 8000GB (8TB) work, any experience out there?

@mansmfr1

As I said above, when we tested it, there were no problems up to 4TB.
SSDs with a capacity of 4TB or more may or may not be recognized.

Yes, thank you. I understand that the 4TB is working. My question exactly is: any experience out there that it is working with 8TB model also?

@mansmfr1
Even if it is the same model, there are times when it is recognized and sometimes it is not, so it is difficult to give a definitive answer on this.