USB Input fail, sound just stopping

I have a 150b.and for the first time today I have connected my laptop via USB B. I installed the FW onto my Windows machine and when I play something everything works fine for about 1 minute and then the sound just stops.

It’s playing on laptop (you tube), as normal but silence. If I switch the Rose off and on, play a track it starts again but then after a minute or so sound just cuts out. I switch to laptop speakers, it works fine but back to 150b USB and silence unless I restart rose

Could really do with some help to resolve this please

1 Like

I have similar problem.

Its your internet… I had to upgrade the speed of my internet service .

Sorry but it can’t be my Internet. I have 350 Mbps connection and everything is stable and working fine. It’s definitely an issue with the 150b

@Ataripower @kuniu

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please check a few things.

1. Does the same symptom appear after changing the USB cable?
  2. When there is no sound during playback, does the RS150b information appear normally in the ASIO driver settings?
  3. Is the ASIO driver version the latest version? (latest version 5.30.0)
  4. After deleting the ASIO driver from the PC, download the ASIO driver again from the link below and play.
    ASIO Driver (For Windows PC)_May 31, 2022 : HiFi ROSE

Thank you

Hi, thank you for your reply. Please see responses below

1. Does the same symptom appear after changing the USB cable? Yes, I have tried three different USB cables
  2. When there is no sound during playback, does the RS150b information appear normally in the ASIO driver settings? Yes it’s shows as RS150B DAC
  3. Is the ASIO driver version the latest version? (latest version 5.30.0) Yes
  4. After deleting the ASIO driver from the PC, download the ASIO driver again from the link below and play. Just tried this but same result

I look forward to hearing from you soon
Andy

I have connected the laptop direct to the USB DAC input on my Denon PMA-A110 and it’s working perfectly so this is not the issue.

Any further support available from the Rose team please? I’d like help to find a solution.

@Ataripower

We found no symptoms for this issue.

Please answer the questions below.

1. When symptoms appear, is there no sound even after adjusting the volume?
  2. When the symptom appears, does the sound come out normally if you remove the cable from RS150b and connect it again?
  3. What kind of USB cable are you using? (A picture is good.)

Thank you

Responses above in bold type.

Correct. I use usb c to usb b. 5meter. Connected to MacBook.

Rose stop playing when I want to use. And disappear from Mac. I don’t know why.

Hello,

If you have a cable no longer than 3 meters, can you try with it?

I’ve connected usb 1m to my Mac, The same result. Disconnected rose from my Mac. I don’t know what is problem. I will try connect to pc. I will let You know.

Hello,

If your PC is Windows PC, please make sure to download ASIO driver that ROSEHAN mentioned above.

Also, in your case with MAC,

1. Do you mean that you can play music for one minute, such as Youtube but MAC cannot find Rose after one minute?
  2. Or the Macbook cannot find your ROSE at all? Hope to know the issue more in detail, it would be great if there’s video.