Usb storage devices and Sata Storage devices same time?

Hello friends,
Reading the instructions for the Rose 520 indicates that I can connect
USB storage devices are compatible up to 10TB and SATA storage devices up to 4TB. Now I have two questions
1.- Can I connect both USB storage devices (10TB) AND Sata Storage (4TB)? at the same time?
2.- As USB storage devices, can I use one of the NVME type with its corresponding case and the USB 3.2 connection?

To 1, yes, that’s the whole idea. I have only 2TB for each but that works.

To 2, I don’t know what NVME is, but if if doesn’t demand an inordinate amount of current from usb I guess it should work. Same for usb 3.2. Shouldn’t that be compatible with usb 3?

@jmb

Let me answer your questions.

1. As a result of our testing, SATA SSD supports up to 4TB, USB supports up to 10TB.
    There is no problem even if they are connected and used at the same time.

2. M.2 and NVMe methods are not supported.

Thank you

Hi @ROSEHAN but you know the NVME, you can put it in case with USB output so it becomes a USB storage device, still you think it has no access?

Thanks

You made me study up. :wink:

MVMe is just an interface, like Rose uses the EHCI type host interface for harddisks. It doesn’t really make any difference to use NVMe, if you use a USB adapter it’s not NVMe anymore, it’s a USB interface. You can access it with an adapter but why?
Here’s a quote:

"In layman’s terms, it’s basically a thing that tells your computer how to read what’s on the storage.

In slightly more technical terms, NVMe is a method of interfacing with storage that supersedes the previous AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) specification.

NVMe was designed from the ground up to accommodate modern SSDs as opposed to AHCI, which was made to accommodate the old platter drives (HDDs) of ye olden days."

When I bought my ssd for the Rose I wasn’t sure either what kind of ssd it should be, but the laptop type MVMe doesn’t fit. It’s a different form factor and different interface. I think the ‘old’ interface is the wise decision because it’s more versatile and has better backwards compatibility. Many people have disk filled with music already.

NVME 10TB, connect with USB to laptop, that is possible to connect ROSE?