Various problems with my RS250 device

Hi there,

I have various problems with my RS250 device.

1. No tag information when streaming.
    I stream the music from my Synology Nas with my Surface-Pro to the RS250 via the MediaMonkey 5 client. Often no tags and covers are displayed on the RS250. The first song is displayed normally, then when the next song started, the information is missing, the progress bar works and shows the correct time. If I stop the playback and start it again, the information is displayed. In between, information is also displayed from time to time.

2. Sometimes playback from a playlist in the MediaMonkey application skips a song. The first second is played and then the next song is started immediately.

I previously had a Marantz NA6005 as a streamer, the behavior did not appear there.
3. My database cannot be built.
The data from my NAS is integrated as a drive on my Surface Pro via Windows sharing. The NAS folder is also integrated in the Rose Connect software (latest version).

I can also browse through the data here.

However, nothing is displayed in the settings

I’ve already tried a DB reset and a delete and to no avail. I have already reset the device.

What can I do to fix the problems?
I thank you for the support.

Hello,

I will check no.1 and no.2.

About no.3, you can see your music tracks but cannot play?
Would you let me know what error message you see?
About your NAS, is SMBv1 allowed?

Thank you.

Hello,

I configured a special user “Rose” to connect to my Synology.This user connect via SMB1

Wenn I try to connect directly from the device, I get these error messages

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Nils Biebricher

Hi,

the pass is:

Sadly, nobody will help you. I purchased my RS150B last October and to this date have not been able to connect to my QNAP NAS via SMB. I tried all the recommended settings and tricks, but get the same errors as you do, including ‘log in information incorrect’ (when I know its correct since every other device can connect to my NAS with those credentials). There are many threads on this forum, but no solution has been provided. If you don’t use Roon, this is basically an expensive brick.

I forgot to mention, there is a workaround. Check this thread: Synology nas connection error - #34 by ROSELOA

Hi Roseloa,

are there any news or solutions for my problems?