Very satisfied with my RS150b

Hi there, I’m Theo from The Netherlands and I am very happy with my HifiRose RS150b, which I bought about a year ago. I use “Qobuz” to stream my music and that works very well, with a very good quality. I have mounted a 2Tb SSD, in order to copy my “special” albums, which I can’t find on Qobuz. Therefore I also bought the RSA780 CD-drive. Lately I discovered a very, very nice way to extend the use of my Rose! The RS150b is connected to my home network, so I can put files from my Mac to the SSD on the Rose. I have connected the RS150b to my television, by using the HDMI- output. On my Mac I have a lot of files, made from digitalled tapes and DVD’s from my “home movies”, which I recorded over a long period. In this way I can enjoy my old movies, it is very comfortable searching through my footage, also using the ROSE HIFI-app on my iPhone.
I never had a more comfortable way to enjoy my own pictures on television!
So I think, buying this HifiRose equipment was a very smart decision of mine….!

9 Likes

@Thegie
Thank you for always loving HiFi Rose.

1 Like

Hi Theo,
we are “soul mates”, I do exactly the same as you do with the Rose150, despite some occasional failure of the Rose…After buying it I started to check which CDs were in Quobuz and which were not, to rip them to the SSD. Watching the movies through the stereo, it sounds fantastic. at last… Total versatility. And the llatest addition has been the Roon… I’m already close to the Valhalla sonic.
But with my Android hahaha.
Greetings from Vigo, Spain

1 Like

Hi Vigo,
Thanks for your reply! It’s nice to read that I’m not the only one with this experiences. Of course I also had (have!) some minor problems now and than, but those are almost always solvable…!
So in general I am very happy with my Rose and I hope to use it for a long period!
Adios :wave:t3:,
Theo

May I ask, when the unit is turned on and not playing anything, can you hear the transformer buzzing when you are close to it?

Hi Ataripower,
I don’t know how other users experience that, but I can’t hear anything in that situation. But maybe you have to ask your question in general?

Regards,
Theo

Good morning.
Rs150B purchased 5 months ago, use with Qobuz, SSD installed (copy of Mac Mini files) and Video.
delighted with the result, I would like an application with a view of what I am looking at and not what is offered to me
in terms of audio it’s excellent, that’s also the main thing for me.

Gil

Hi Gil,
When I want to play a video from the hd on my Rose, I always look it up with my iPhone and the HIFI ROSE- app. I select “Video” on the bottom of the screen and than choose the harddisk on my Rose and select the video I want to watch…!
But I assume you want to see a picture on your phone?

Hi Thegie

the videos (concerts) I only watch them with Rosetube