Very slow when adding new albums

I have 60k+ songs.
I found it start to be very difficult for the RS201 to recognize the new album I copied into the SSD.
When I copied a new Album into SSD it should start to rescan the database and show the new Album in a short period of time.
But its getting slow (starts from 30+ songs), it now takes more than 20hrs to rescan the new database and shows the new album.
I find it easier to simply delete the database, and rebuild the whole database. It only takes about 3 hours if I do this in order for the RS201 to recognize the new Album.

Maybe it’s a bug? or maybe its the way you build your database.
I just would like to point out there is an issue over here.

You’re right, initializing database is definitely far too slow, even on my RS250. And I have only 6k of tracks. The worse thing is, that after initializing is “done” (the display is ended) it is not really finished and takes additional hours.

Added: I am asking why the RS250 in standby does not scan automatically for new music e.g. every hour like shown in the App, but only manually. This really seems to be a bug, right?

For the auto/manual scan of the new song/album, I understand.
It all depends on the logic they design for the users.
Scan the songs Automatically? Manually? Scan the New song only? or the whole disk? Always a lot of issues to consider.
What I don’t understand is even if we have to scan the database Manually with the whole database/disk, it doesn’t make sense we do it manually with more than 20 hrs, and instead if we clean the delete , clean the database and rebuild with scanning the whole database we only need 2-3 hrs.
Apparently something wrong in the algorithms.

1 Like

…clean the database and rebuild with scanning the whole database we only need 2-3 hrs …

What by the way causes a switch off of the device and looses tethering settings and bluetooth connection to the remote control as well. :unamused:

Hello @Wideglide and @dustin.wu ,

Sorry to make you feel uncomfortable. Among the files you want to scan, do you have a lot of wav files?

For me I would say less then 1%

@ROSELOA Only 25 files (1,1 GB) from 6.000 files (70 GB) here.

Asking again: RS250 does not scan database by itself. I have to start this manually all time after adding files to the SSD and it takes some hours to complete. Why does the scan process not start automatically?

ROSE device do not scan by itself. ROSE device shows a pop-up about whether to scan or not when…

1. A new storage is connected
  2. You boot the RS250 and any storage is connected.

Really sad. Planned it on future updates?

DB Re-Scan ist really painful slowly. Data stored on NAS (QNAP) connected over smb:

Re-Scan, more then 1 Sec. per Track:

Deleted Share and added again. DB-Scan much faster, over 10 Tracks in 1 Sec.:

Re-Scan, when added new Albums, is currently not useful

I agree that something has to be done with the rescan. I have 270000 songs and with your calculation if I add a song and do a rescan it will take me 75 hours.

As I suggested, I find it sooner if we delete the database and rescan/build the entire database again.
Yesterday I added some albums and rescaned with 82000 songs it took me 2-3 hrs. I know if I don’t delete/rebuild the database it would take more than 20 hrs to finish the scanning ( not by calculation but in real case).

Hope that helps.