Very very frustrated with ROSE 150B and update

Why does my 150B keep updating? Every time I turn it now? The new update is very bad.

Also, the relais is clicking 5 or 6 times when I turn on the 150B… Normally only 1 click
Now it always shows a pop screen with an optimizing system message.

So many issue minor issues with ROSE… :

• The remote that doesn’t work.
  • The analog output sometimes didn’t work.
  • The digital volume distorts when you use it.
  • The updates that are not working
  • The relais after update clicking like a maniac

I man… i told so many people now to think 2x or 3x before even buying a Rose product. They look great. But for this kind of money… it should be rock solid.

In my mind I want to sell the ROSE150B… and never look back

There are coming more and more posts like these here like ROSE HAS TO DO BETTER ect.

Hi, for me the 150b has updated regularly and I have no problems. If something is wrong with the new update, the problem should present itself to everyone without exception. Perhaps there are other causes.
Good music.

5 Likes

Just go away. Am asking for help not for someone that does not help. Only glores over his own unit. Do you even own a 150B?

Check all my post. All sugestion to help other.

Don’t be ignorant, I told you that mine works fine after the update, if you have problems with yours it’s certainly not my fault. Take care.

ignorant… you telling me how i have feel and act cause you don’t have a problem? WOW… o well people like you have no clue. Just playing the good fan boy without any feedback then negative feedback make not helpful and pushing people with your attitude. Forcing them your all mighty thoughts. Hmm

Yes am ignorant.

And yes, this will be my last response, you don’t need or earn more respect.

Did you try disconnecting it from mains for few minutes and then switch on again?
Or a complete factory reset?
I agree for this amount of money it should work without any issues.
I’m thinking buying an Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer just to test and compare with the Rose. It’s almost identical to the Rose but price is just 850 euro.
And this one seems without any problems according to reviews.
If they can make a perfect streamer for this amount of money I’m wondering why the Rose has to cost 4000 euro

Hi, Thank you! I did reset it and that didnt help at all. It crazy money if the bugs are this. Didnt much problems with it at the start. But when Just want turn on your music and you get presented with these problems. You will get rired of it fast

About the Eversolo: You can’t compare it with the RS150 (more with the RS250) and for me (I’ve returned it after testing) it’s not the perfect streamer, as the reviews us are tolding.
There isn’t (yet) any remote control, no standby mode, internal player not really good for a bit larger music collection, not OTA update (yet), translations really not finished, Roon ready certification not finished, much smaller display,…
But there are also things, which are much better, like much faster network transfer via SMB and scanning the internal SSD, DLNA client, ability to install apks,…
The essential difference between Eversolo and Rose is, that the DMP-A6 has a HDMI audio out, which can handle multichannel DSD64 and that’s unique feature in the streamer’s world.

Rose firmware development is really slow, but for Eversolo there it’s IMHO to early to say (at the moment there are also a lot of bugs), how they will handle bug fixing in the future.
So before changing to another new streamer, I would wait some time and check then the comments in the user forums and don’t trust any reviews.

The ever solo is pretty good for the money. But wil it be updated on software leven. Rose update the software… even though they NOT really good at it.

Do you’ve a DMP-A6 at home or it’s only hearing and reading?

I don’t have one, just was thinking buying one to do some testing and compare it with the 150B
But according to your opinion now I’m in doubt

Tom_one, agree . This series product launched for years, the firmware update for many version. Update of firmware is good but bugs still happen for the long time. I thinks if the foundation of the software not good enough, the improvement will last for very long time to go perfect. To rebuild another one much fast and save cost.

Two questions: I am considering a purchase of either the the Rose 250A or the Eversolo D8.
As to sound quality it seems that reviewers have said that the Rose is too “bright” sounding and that the soundstage is narrow and not deep, also that it has “glitchy” software with incomplete and infrequent software updates. True or not?

How does the sound of the Rose 250A compare to that of the Eversolo D8? I haven’t heard either one so I’m looking for some opinions on the sound comparison.

TIA

dear developers. The idea is very cool, but the execution is below average. I bought myself 150b, suffered for two weeks, and returned it back to the store … and thank God! A device worth 4300€ with such errors is nonsense! Sell ​​the device better without this misunderstanding that you call the remote control. The design is beautiful, the case is good, but very easily soiled. Not everyone is disappointed yet… Good luck to you! And I’ll go for Aurender

1 Like

I have also had many problems with my RS150B some of which have not been fixed, including a new issue or two after the latest update. Some things are VERY frustrating.
BUT…this is a superb machine for the amazing sound and a set of features simply not available anywhere else, and they are improving the issues, they are quite responsive - and I am adapting and finding workarounds.
For sure they could do a better job, and really should - but almost every high end manufacturer has similar problems, and that includes Cocktail ( also amazing, but no video ) and even the venerable supposedly bulletproof McIntosh.
I’m sticking with it and enjoying the machine enormously, with moments of aggravation for sure. I’m hoping, insisting, that they continue improving, and they seem to be.

Yes its a great machine. It sounds great. But a the hassle it gives me when I want to enjoy music is frustrating.

I understand new issue always come on update’s.

But in do know there are limmits to how much hassle a Customer wants. I do know serveral People that sold there 150b and wil never buy anything from rose again. And am on the verge to do same. The High end groupe is pretty small. When Customer are leaving and selling there products cause they dont want to be assosiated Rose anymore. Will in the end hurt Rose hard. Od Customer’s and new Customers. Will Just go for safe brands

1 Like

Oh dear I ordered a 150b well over a year ago based on reviewers in magazines . After 2nd demo and time with the unit I thought it was flawed… so walked away. .guess resale value will fall…sorry for guys who have them. Wiim plus a good face is all you need. Good App… you need to up grade the PSU . Cost 30 £