Video filtering by genre doesn't work

I went into the meta info for many video files saved on the hard drive on my RS250a. I added the genre for the files from the preselected drop down “Jazz” , “Rock” etc. However when I use the filter button the left side of the video section to filter by genre, none of these videos appear. They are all under “ETC”. Can this be fixed. They should be filtered by the genre that was saved for them. Several media scans have been performed after updating the meta data. The meta data was updated on my android phone rose connect app.

@Augustaprime
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I have a few questions for you.

1. Is it possible that your DB scan has not been completed yet?
    Currently, Rose device rescans the database from the beginning when rescanning the database, so it takes a long time if the storage capacity in the external hard drive is large.
  2. Is it not possible to categorize genres on the Rose device?

I have noticed this a long time ago so I have done media scans since then. The filter function doesn’t work. You can assign a genre for a video in the meta data, but after a scan, when you go to filter for that genre, the list comes up empty. It’s not working

@Augustaprime

For example, even if you change the genre of your video using a metadata editing app such as MP3 tag, you will not be able to check the genre in the video.

Currently, genre editing is only available in the RoseConnect android app.
If you use RoseConnect android, you can edit genre as follows.

1. Select the video you want to edit genre from RoseConnect Android–>Video–>Album
  2. Please select the three dots icon that I marked in red.
  3. Please click on the “Meta info” icon that I marked in red.
  4. Click “modify” which I marked in red.
  5. Please select a genre that matches the video you selected.
  6. Then, you can check the video by entering the selected genre menu as shown below.