Video Music files stored on the SSD stutter or temporarily stop playing

My 201 also has this problem. When playing large capacity HD video. Carton even crashed. I hope they will optimize the software. VLC is not a good video playing software.

1 Like

Just as an update, it appears that all is better now after the latest Rose HIFI update. Some videos do not play at all, but thatā€™s probably caused by the youtube videos downloads. But when my selection plays, I havenā€™t noticed any more stuttering .

Still have this problem, especially when playing video files from the internal SSD (2TB SSD). What it does: after playing ok for an hour or so, then one video starts playing and begins to stutter while the little circle in the middle showing like thinking appears on its LCD screen. After that all following videos stutter and so I have to restart the unit (I unplug it to ensure reset). I tried both Apple iPad and Android Samsung Galaxy as connecting apps, still does the same. I even reprocessed all my videofiles with MP4 videosoftware to ensure no errors and same codec! My choice of RoseHIFI was both based on Audio quality, but also its video playing , as it is one of the very few hifi streamers that do it (I enjoy the videomusic, concerts etc) - and imagine how one feels when in the middle of enjoying a concert with your friends who admire your fancy set-up the, video and sound begin to stutter like a $50 videoplayer ! I am sure this is a software issue (something to do with buffering ?) and cannot understand why it cannot be fixed! I thought for a while to buy the more expensive Rose player RS150b?, but what is the guarrantee that it does not do the same?! I kind of lost trust in RoseHiFi as this is quite expensive gear. Unfortunately I cannot find something similar. I have an Apple M1 Mini which plays video , but Rose seems to sound better, even if I only use its coax digital Out to a separate DAC.

March2023:
Still have this problem, especially when playing video files from the internal SSD (2TB SSD). What it does: after playing ok for an hour or so, then one video starts playing and begins to stutter while the little circle in the middle showing like thinking appears on its LCD screen. After that all following videos stutter and so I have to restart the unit (I unplug it to ensure reset). I tried both Apple iPad and Android Samsung Galaxy as connecting apps, still does the same. I even reprocessed all my videofiles with MP4 videosoftware to ensure no errors and same codec! My choice of RoseHIFI was both based on Audio quality, but also its video playing , as it is one of the very few hifi streamers that do it (I enjoy the videomusic, concerts etc) - and imagine how one feels when in the middle of enjoying a concert with your friends who admire your fancy set-up the, video and sound begin to stutter like a $50 videoplayer ! I am sure this is a software issue (something to do with buffering ?) and cannot understand why it cannot be fixed! I thought for a while to buy the more expensive Rose player RS150b?, but what is the guarrantee that it does not do the same?! I kind of lost trust in RoseHiFi as this is quite expensive gear. Unfortunately I cannot find something similar. I have an Apple M1 Mini which plays video , but Rose seems to sound better, even if I only use its coax digital Out to a separate DAC.

Hello DanU,

Iā€™m sorry about the video issues.

About the issue that video stopsā€¦

1. Does the issue happen to all videos you have?
  2. Are low-capacity and low-quality videos playing without any issues?
  3. Is the issue happening only with certain video files?
  4. What is the approximate file size of the videos that are mostly causing the issue?

It would be the best if I can get the video file and test here.,

Best Regards,

How can I send you the file(s) , can you send a link for upload?
This is quite a random issue - the files I am going to send you stutter at least half of the times I play them (but not always). The issue does not seem to be related to size, as there are larger files which play ok (eg 1GB), and 150kB which stutter. But as I said , the stutter on these files is not 100% of times I play them.

Hello, in that case, do the files that stutter always stutter? Or is it also random? And is the stuttering location also random?